Android Tablets Forum banner
81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
If it is a 7" just follow the stuff for E3 on the ftp site....

Any of the different 7" versions are still E3s.

Don't follow the v1 or v2 instructions as they will be different. Whenever you are flashing, just read the readme file and do the stuff for E3
As far as flashing is concerned, I gotcha. But as far as info/tweaks/mods/updates - which sub-forum do I follow? There's a ZT-180 V1, ZT-180 V2 and ZT-180 7" - none of which are identical. Is the ZT-180 7" sub-forum (this one) the best one?

·
Registered
102 Posts
As far as flashing is concerned, I gotcha. But as far as info/tweaks/mods/updates - which sub-forum do I follow? There's a ZT-180 V1, ZT-180 V2 and ZT-180 7" - none of which are identical. Is the ZT-180 7" sub-forum (this one) the best one?
To tell you the truth I jump from forum to forum.... lol

Some stuff is applicable to all three, yet only posted in the v1 or v2 forum.

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
Yes, we were all in the ZT-180 Forum, then droider7 got the 7" forum made, and then Reimar made a v2 forum and everything got split up.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi im new just rooted my upad like omarahum said and want to know if i can still up date my firmware using the factory so i can use flash? or do i have to unroot or is there a better option? i want to use netflix also the pandora app keeps crashing along with other apps is there a fix for it what am i doing wrong?

7" upad rooted and running appkiller tried swap too but i have no clue on how to work it it keeps saying failed no file exist and when i try to create a swap file the app resets itself

thanks in advance if you need any more info please let me know

·
6,629 Posts
By the way, I just updated the version of Superuser from the Market and then used it's "check for updates" feature for su binary and it downloaded and installed the version "2.3.2-efgh" which is working fine and makes appear the permission request popup, which I think is more secure than grant root permission to every app which request it, without let the user to know.

EDIT: Of course I made the update with the tablet already rooted, but with the un-asking magicandroidapps su binary which you get when rooting with "do not install superuser".

·
6,629 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
ok i have 2.2 or Froyo did the latest flash from the website ( took forever to d/l) and i have rooted it and put autokiller on it same settings as you strict tried to get swapper 2 to work but dont understand how to use it is there a way i can figure out what version of upad i have here are the specs on the box 7" 800*480 ARM ZT-180 1.0ghz 256mg ddr2 4g nand 4g flash android 2.2 2400mA batt i sent an email to the company with the model number and serial# because im not sure mine is a real one or a copy. but anyways after the install i only hav 20m of memory available what gives there? i have seen a similar topic on the E model not sure what model i got it looks like a real one should i open it up is there any clues that it is a fake or copy

Thanks for all your help

·
6,629 Posts
ok i have 2.2 or Froyo did the latest flash from the website ( took forever to d/l) and i have rooted it and put autokiller on it same settings as you strict tried to get swapper 2 to work but dont understand how to use it is there a way i can figure out what version of upad i have here are the specs on the box 7" 800*480 ARM ZT-180 1.0ghz 256mg ddr2 4g nand 4g flash android 2.2 2400mA batt i sent an email to the company with the model number and serial# because im not sure mine is a real one or a copy. but anyways after the install i only hav 20m of memory available what gives there? i have seen a similar topic on the E model not sure what model i got it looks like a real one should i open it up is there any clues that it is a fake or copy

Thanks for all your help
I haven't heard of any fake 7" tablets, but if you unscrew the screws and pop off the back, you should see the word ZENITHINK on the green board, but I don't think it's neccessary, unless you are just curious.....

Which ROM did you flash? The 0613? Did you flash the 0603 ZT_E3.spl as suggested in the 0613 ROM thread's first post? Memory should be better after you flash the spl (take all neccessary precations - full charge of battery/plugged in with powercord/do not interupt the process once started (3 second process)......

Swapper2 - You can read through the v1 swap thread - http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/17916-swap-on-zt-180/

·
Registered
6 Posts
7-E3_android_2.2_256_4GB_0613E.rar - RAR archive, unpacked size 186,639,237 bytes

that is the one i used i power on the device and quickly hit the square button and it updated
took awhile is there any suggestions on how to set up swapper 2

·
6,629 Posts
7-E3_android_2.2_256_4GB_0613E.rar - RAR archive, unpacked size 186,639,237 bytes

that is the one i used i power on the device and quickly hit the square button and it updated
took awhile is there any suggestions on how to set up swapper 2
So then you did download the ZT_E3.spl file from the ftp separately and added it to your zt-update folder and pressed the square button in front when it prompted you to flash the spl?

Read through the v1 swap thread - http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/17916-swap-on-zt-180/

·
Registered
6 Posts
yes that's what i did thankyou for the link i will read it also do you know if anyone has got netflix working on this thing yet i tried it but it keeps crashing

thanks again

·
6,629 Posts
yes that's what i did thankyou for the link i will read it also do you know if anyone has got netflix working on this thing yet i tried it but it keeps crashing

thanks again
I haven't read anywhere that someone got Netfix to work......

·
6,629 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts

thanks again
netflix will never work on these tabs it needs flash 10.2 or 10.3

·
Registered
67 Posts
I read somewhere that it tries to install / initiate MS Silverlight, which is the actual culprit.
Maybe I'm going crazy?
That's very possible. It's too bad though - that would make this tablet twice as useful in my opinion.

Also, welcome brother

Anyone still getting an awful high-pitched noise from the headphone jack? If I play a song/video at a fairly high volume it seems to drown out the whine, but any moment of silence and I can hear it. It's definitely quite terrible. The speakers are fine but not if I want to listen/watch something on the go. Ideas? Suggestions?

81 - 100 of 116 Posts