Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I hate to post off topic, but I'm new here and can't start a new topic. So here goes:
When I bought my tablet about 6 months agoI did so partly because it had 2 USB ports, (Purchased new off of ###########). I found out that one USB port didn't work and Zenithink said there would be a firmware upgrade that would correct this and they would notify me when it was available. Never happened.

I can't make out what the sticker says on it, but the version.txt file says:
ZT180_K0_3m_Z102_Android4.0_0210_V2.5

Generally speaking, this thing works ok, but its glitchy at times with occasional freeze up's and things like my browser sometimes crashing can be annoying. I know there is a new ROM availabe which may, or may not fix the issues, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't hold out for an Android 4.1 version? Maybe someone will find a bin file for the ROM and convert it to source to play with?

Any ideas on how to get my tablet more functional would be appreciated.

F.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the info Omarahum. I was actually baseing my opinion on this being a ZT282 on what you wsaid above:
" omarahum, on 12 April 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:
As I understand it, the ZT-280's are the first/original version (with 512MB RAM) and the ZT-282's are the Upgrade versions (with 1GB RAM and updated CPU)...."

In settings I show:
Internal Storage
0.88GB
Apps 395MB
Available 564MB

NAND Storage
6.13GB Total Space
6.09GB Available

SDCard Storage
29.71GB

Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I don't want to end up with a wrong ROM, or lead others to believe tablet is something it's not?

Thanks!

F.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Atten: Omarahum

I've since installed an app called: Deviceinfo which reports my screen size as 7 inches, (when it's actually supposed to be 10.2 inch), and the CPU seems to be a
Amlogic ril 2.0 GSM
Arm v7 rev 1 (v71)
Meson M1 8727 M SZ Rev 0020

The app I used could be easier to see if the white characters didn't have a design behind them, but I found it useful.

F.

·
Registered
17 Posts
" Meson M1 means it's a ZT-280... The M3's are the ZT-282's... (and the MX's are the ZT-283's....)...
If you had a ZT-282 Z102, your version.txt would say K1_1n, not K0_3m....
Your first reply only shows the sizes of the partitions of the internal storage (the nand), not your RAM...."

IC
I guess I was thinking that subtracting the NAND and internal storage from the 8GB it is supposed to have, lead me to believe that I had 1 GB left. I since found in "settings/Apps/Running" that used 211MB and Free 169MB RAM don't equal 1GB RAM.

Maybe I should have waited to buy a newer model, but where's the fun in that? Now I can fuss over this thing and hopefully get the benefit of others wisdom to get it to perform better.

Ok, I'm off to post in the correct forum now.

Thanks again!

F.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.