Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
As I understand it, the ZT-280's are the first/original version (with 512MB RAM) and the ZT-282's are the Upgrade versions (with 1GB RAM and updated CPU)....
Hi omarahum

I'm new to this forum and am not to sure on the rules to posting when and where. Reading through this web site, your posts are the only ones i vaguely understand so I have come to you first for help.

Believe it or not it took me a while to find out what table I have brought and I believe it to be the Zenithink ZT-282-102 (very confusing model numbering i think you would agree)

My question is, is there a step by step dummies guide on how to find and install custom roms, or how to overclock the machine. Any help would be much appreciated. Maybe you could make a new thread for noob root explorers like me

Look forward to hearing from you

p.s when I say dummies guide I mean pictures would be good lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
So this is what I did, I downloaded the ZT282.kernel,deleted everything off my SD card from my phone, created a folder called "zt-update" placed the kernel in there and booted it up as the video said...it came up with image updated(or something along those line) and now its wont boot up at all....any ideas where I,m going wrong?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Which kernel did you use and a what point does it stop booting?

If you used the 1GHz one, it may be too fast for your tablet, try the 900MHz one then...
Yes thas working now thanks, i was really hoping 1gz would work but o well

Another quick question, i noticed when checking what the processor was running at, it displayed that it was using a an armV7 something or other not a cortex A9 like it should have is this a result of changing the kernal?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.