Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
As I understand it, the ZT-280's are the first/original version (with 512MB RAM) and the ZT-282's are the Upgrade versions (with 1GB RAM and updated CPU)....

·
6,629 Posts
Hi omarahum

I'm new to this forum and am not to sure on the rules to posting when and where. Reading through this web site, your posts are the only ones i vaguely understand so I have come to you first for help.

Believe it or not it took me a while to find out what table I have brought and I believe it to be the Zenithink ZT-282-102 (very confusing model numbering i think you would agree)

My question is, is there a step by step dummies guide on how to find and install custom roms, or how to overclock the machine. Any help would be much appreciated. Maybe you could make a new thread for noob root explorers like me

Look forward to hearing from you

p.s when I say dummies guide I mean pictures would be good lol
I don't believe there are any custom ROMs available for the Resistive screened Zenithink Tablets.... You may need to piece-meal toghether one for yourself, as the Android images are the same for all the Zenithink tablets (system.zt280.tar.bz and data.zt280.tar.bz), but since the ZT-282 Z102 Upgrade (K1_1n) tablet has a resistive screen and has an internal GPS, the system.patxh.zt280.tar.bz and media.zt280.tar.bz files are differnt for your your tablet.... Seems there are only custom ROMs being made for the ZT-282 C91 Upgrade, but I think all of them combined the system.patch.zt280.tar.bz file into the system.z280.tar.bz file, so i don't think it would be a good idea to try them unless you know what you are doing.....

Flashing ROMs for all the Zenithink tablets, stock or custum is the same, formatting an sdcard to FAT32, uncompressing the ROM file and placing the zt-update folder on your sdcard, with your tablet off do the button combination for your tablet to go into flashmode, and the rest should be automatic. F&Lsuperstore made a video on how to flash the Zenithink tablet and posted it in the main Zenithink Forum in this thread - http://www.slatedroi...s-firmware-rom/

These tablets can't be overclocked with an app, it needs to be done by altering the kernel, I have made a 900Mhz and 1GHz kernel for your tablet, if you would want to try them (either only have the ZT282.kernel file in your zt-update folder and flash as usual to flash only the kernel, or replace the stock ROMs one if you are flashing a whole ROM) - http://www.mediafire.../?l4lxy26z47075 If you want to try to make one yourself, and you are a linux user, I learned how to do it from this post of johane-s in the ZT-280 C91 forum - http://www.slatedroi...post__p__293984

·
6,629 Posts
So this is what I did, I downloaded the ZT282.kernel,deleted everything off my SD card from my phone, created a folder called "zt-update" placed the kernel in there and booted it up as the video said...it came up with image updated(or something along those line) and now its wont boot up at all....any ideas where I,m going wrong?
Which kernel did you use and a what point does it stop booting?

If you used the 1GHz one, it may be too fast for your tablet, try the 900MHz one then...

·
6,629 Posts
I do not want to flash new kernel. Can I boot once custom kernel? How can I load *.ko kernel modules to ICS?
Sorry, I do not understand what you mean...

Do you not want to flash the custom kernel onto your tablet, but still just want to try it? In that case you can make a folder named zt-debug on your sdcard and place the custom kernel in there, and then when booting up, go into debug flash mode and it should boot from the /zt-debug/ZT282.kernel file....

For the modules, place them in the /system/lib/modules (or where ever you like) and via a terminal app type su to get superuser access and then insmod it:
Code:
su<br />
insmod /system/lib/modules/pl2303.ko
This is just an example of how I load the pl2303.ko module for my external usb gps device on my tablet.....
then type lsmod (that's L S M O D) to make sure it got loaded....
Code:
#lsmod<br />
xpad 9293 0 - Live 0xbf0ca000<br />
ff_memless 4486 1 xpad, Live 0xbf049000<br />
pl2303 16129 0 - Live 0xbf00e000<br />
wlan 475723 0 - Live 0xbf053000<br />
mali 187359 2 - Live 0xbf015000<br />
ump 46806 13 mali, Live 0xbf000000<br />
#

·
6,629 Posts
Yes thas working now thanks, i was really hoping 1gz would work but o well

Another quick question, i noticed when checking what the processor was running at, it displayed that it was using a an armV7 something or other not a cortex A9 like it should have is this a result of changing the kernal?
No, they are two different names refering to the same thing, one is the ARM Architecture name and one is the ARM Core name....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ARM_microprocessor_cores

·
6,629 Posts
Yes! Absolutely right! Thank you!
Hi Delfer,

Not sure if you tried it yet, but I think you need to go into debug flashmode using the Volume - button to boot from the zt-debug folder (not the normal way you would flash your tablet - I think on the Z102's the normal way is the button in front?)...

·
6,629 Posts
I hate to post off topic, but I'm new here and can't start a new topic. So here goes:
When I bought my tablet about 6 months agoI did so partly because it had 2 USB ports, (Purchased new off of ###########). I found out that one USB port didn't work and Zenithink said there would be a firmware upgrade that would correct this and they would notify me when it was available. Never happened.

I can't make out what the sticker says on it, but the version.txt file says:
ZT180_K0_3m_Z102_Android4.0_0210_V2.5

Generally speaking, this thing works ok, but its glitchy at times with occasional freeze up's and things like my browser sometimes crashing can be annoying. I know there is a new ROM availabe which may, or may not fix the issues, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't hold out for an Android 4.1 version? Maybe someone will find a bin file for the ROM and convert it to source to play with?

Any ideas on how to get my tablet more functional would be appreciated.

F.
ZT180_K0_3m_Z102_Android4.0_0210_V2.5
means you have a ZT-280 Z102, and you should post your questions in the ZT-280 Z102 Forum - http://www.slatedroid.com/forum/265-zt-280-z102/

Actually, there was only two more updated ROMs from the ROM that's on your tablet now, the 0313 ICS is the latest... - http://www.zenithink.com/Eproducts_Z102.php ROM download - http://www.zenithink.com/UploadFile/ZT280_K0_2n_3m_Z102_Android4.0_0313.rar

I do not believe Zenithink will be making any more ROMs for the ZT-280's, I suspect they won't be making any more ROMs for the ZT-282's either, but I could be wrong.....

They seem to be focusing their attention on their dual core (MX) and quad core (Freescale) tablets now.....

·
6,629 Posts
Atten: Omarahum

I've since installed an app called: Deviceinfo which reports my screen size as 7 inches, (when it's actually supposed to be 10.2 inch), and the CPU seems to be a
Amlogic ril 2.0 GSM
Arm v7 rev 1 (v71)
Meson M1 8727 M SZ Rev 0020

The app I used could be easier to see if the white characters didn't have a design behind them, but I found it useful.

F.
Meson M1 means it's a ZT-280... The M3's are the ZT-282's... (and the MX's are the ZT-283's....)...
If you had a ZT-282 Z102, your version.txt would say K1_1n, not K0_3m....
Your first reply only shows the sizes of the partitions of the internal storage (the nand), not your RAM....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.