Android Tablets Forum banner

ZT-282 C71 UPGRADE

13K views 35 replies 19 participants last post by  KenB 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi,
I am waiting on delivery of a C71 Upgrade tablet, after reading on these forums I was wondering if there are custom roms and kernels for it.
I do have a ZT280 C91 that has the 900mhz kernel.
I was also wondering if there are any problems with the C71 that I should be aware of.
Thank you
Regards Granny1

#3 ·
The resolution? The ports?

#5 ·
So how can i charge by usb, someone mentioned this function?....

Because thst is the only function i still feel was missing because when i am out n about i have a usb host power pack, which i utilise with c71 upgrade....

and does anyone want to buy my c71 n version with keyboard, and black car shaped with front and backlight mouse plus otg cable, and box, charger... for ₤20 less than the Cheapest place to get Ci71 upgrade?

#9 ·
Hi Everyone,
Thank you for all the info,
awesome being able to charge by usb,
I can't wait for it to get here because if it's half as good as my C91 I will be very happy.
Regards Granny1

#11 ·
U from Uk / bought from uk seller?

#14 ·
Hey kecikhebat,
I can verify that the mic does work. I tested it with google talk, and it worked just fine. Hope that helps you out. If you have another application you would like me to test the microphone with, I'll be more than happy to.

#19 ·
thanks..i would like to buy this tablet,but with bad mic in previous c71,its make me think twice to buy it..cause my main purpose to have a tablet is for using skype..before this i own the previous c71,but i cant do any voip due to mic problem(sold it already)..thats why i need to know if the upgrade version still have the same problem..so,can u test VOIP thru skype for me?if can,then i will buy it next payday..

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
I've had two of these babies for two days and really pleased. Great product, everything works as expected and the only thing I see not as good is, obviously, the screen (which is good but still lcd and with a bit of mirror effect). Other than that, there's nothing not working. With the Mali400 it outperforms my Nexus S in 3d games by quite a bit.

By the way, updated one of them to the last oficial firmware version (dated april) and added functions and improved battery, but the rotation animation is a bit screwed... it was smoother in previous firmware.

Enviado desde mi ZT ICS usando Tapatalk 2

#16 ·
everything works as expected
I see two unexpected issues:

1. The accelerometer isn't working for most applications. With the original firmware there was a racing game which worked, but with the latest firmware that is also gone.
  2. The USB host port isn't visible to android. The Linux kernel sees USB devices and can e.g. use Mice, keyboards etc, but the Android USB host API doesn't seem to be able to access those.

Do you guys have the same issues? Has anyone e.g. managed to use other USB peripherals then Mice/Keyboards/Mass-Storage ?

#17 ·
Mine is updated to last firmware version (06/04) and has no problems with anything:

- accelerometer works flawlessly (tested with game raging thunder 2)
- usb ports works with periferals and mass storage without doing anything
- my Belkin blueetooth dongle also works plug&play, tested a file transfer from phone.

Also, i was able to change the kernel to the 900mghz one.

#18 ·
- accelerometer works flawlessly (tested with game raging thunder 2)
- usb ports works with periferals and mass storage without doing anything
- my Belkin blueetooth dongle also works plug&play, tested a file transfer from phone.
"Raging thunder" is the game i mentioned that came with the tablet. But e.g. temple run doesn't work.

And yes, peripherals like mass storage and hid work as this is handled by the linux
kernel. But the android host api (similar to what libusb is for linux) doesn't see
the devices.

A belkin dongle works? The bt dongle i tested (a D-Link DBT-120) didn't work.

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
About the accelerometer, Master of gizmo is right: temple run doesnt recognize it. It seems like the tablet here have problems with some apps.

Tried some level tools and some worked, while other didn't recognize any movement. Couple games worked, though.

Hope it gets fixed with future firmware improvements - which I start to see more urgent the more I use the device... especially a 3.0.X kernel.

#23 ·
Hey kecikhebat,
I had a chance to test out the C71+ with skype this afternoon. It worked quiet well. I was only able to test with "echo123" a few times, but my voice sounded good when it was played back. I would suggest using a set of headphones however, as the speaker isn't that loud. I could see this being a problem if you were in a room with a fair amount of background noise. I say give it a shot, but that's just my two cents. Hope this helps you out.

#25 ·
I have a C71+ (M3C71-8Gb-1n-e8-sa082-1) with standard ROM 20120204. The camera works only with preinstalled apps "camera" and "skype". All other apps give an error and crash, like barcoo, googles or ###########.

Anybody else have problems with the camera? What camera apps are running successfuly?

#30 ·
i'm using the e8-1n with the newer firmware posted on zenithink.com and the full market script posted on this site, and the camera and mic have both worked fine so far. i even had a google hangout up and running a couple weeks ago with no problems.

i can't speak to the functionality of the dev port because i've yet to hook anything up thru it.

#34 ·
Hi. I'm new to the forum, but a bit of an old hand at Android - thanks to some HTC smartphones. I really wanted a cheap 7" pad to read ebooks on the bus but since acquiring the little Zenethink C71 (upgrade) I'm amazed at what it can do. Didn't think I'd use it for web surfing or watching utube.

I have ICS 4.0.3 straight out of the box. I dropped in a 32gb Sandisk class 4 micro and the speed for the movies I viewed was great - I couldn't detect any lag.

My only problems so far are:

1. The 350ma charger in the box was useless. I tried a 500ma I have with an HTC and it was perfect.
2. This is the biggy. I can't connect to my PC to transfer files. The PC recognises an android device but can't read the drives. This is because the C71 won't go into USB host mode. This is shown in the manual on page 6 and would appear to be like alll andoid devices. However I can't get it to work. Any ideas?

Cheers
Ken

#35 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.