Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi.. i recently bought the E98 Upad (zenithink). Is it possible to do video chat with this device. i tried with different applications, but no luck. can it be done if i root the device. Please help as i have read that Cortex A9 devices can support video chat.

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
I also made a video review of the pad, it is divided in two parts. Here are the links:
PART 1

PART 2
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGShaKjUThg

30/07: Added two video review and removed video about multitouch since I had no right o add 3 videos
Cool, thanx for the video review!

The ZT-280/E98 seems more responsive than the ZT-180's......

How's the web browsing experience? Do you use the stock browser or another app for web surfing?

How's the microphone's recording capabilities? Is it clear and loud?

What about video playback? Is it smooth and does the video and audio stay insync throughout? When you fast forward and rewind? How's Youtube?

What about the camera? Does it take decent pictures?
Thanks again for the videos!

·
Registered
175 Posts
It looks like great fun i am sure i will be getting one as soon as i am sure of getting an f and not a non f

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Cool, thanx for the video review!

The ZT-280/E98 seems more responsive than the ZT-180's......

How's the web browsing experience? Do you use the stock browser or another app for web surfing?

How's the microphone's recording capabilities? Is it clear and loud?

What about video playback? Is it smooth and does the video and audio stay insync throughout? When you fast forward and rewind? How's Youtube?

What about the camera? Does it take decent pictures?
Thanks again for the videos!
Here are my personal opinions:
web browsing is really good, even if sometimes the ts doesn't work perfect so you go left and screen goes right (mostly when you use fingers and not nails)
P.S. I use Dolphin HD
Mic I havent' used it much, it definitely is better than ZT180 but still definitely not loud and clear
video playback I'll let you know as soon as I try it since I have not tried it yet. Youtube works good for me, but I have to check further while it seems to me that sometimes forward/rewind just shos on the tmeline unde but the video continues to play normally..
Camera take some decent pictures, Maybe I will take some and post them..

Hope I clarified what you asked me

·
Registered
100 Posts
It looks like great fun i am sure i will be getting one as soon as i am sure of getting an f and not a non f
Hello Herkfrog,

I had pretty good luck with Bigtabletpc when I bought my tablet. Shipping was by DHL and received it pretty fast in great shape.
It is a Fmodel and worked great until I went and tried to play engineer with it when I had no business doing it.

Now we have a tutorial from TheBlackSheep on a post making a rescue SD card and it looks great! TheBlackSheep did a fantastic job.
I am now loading up Puppy Linux on my laptop so I can make this rescue sd card and get my tablet operating hopefully if I didn't screw it up big time.
By the way Puppy is a great OS that TheBlackSheep shared with us also. It's small enough to put on a 512mb USB flash.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie
with Zenithink (actually I was misled
by a seller on Aliexpress : I ordered a 7" Dual core 1.2 GHz with 800x600 resolution and I was sent a 7" UPAD which I'm still trying to figure data about. I'm still waiting for dispute resolution via Aliexpress Escrow mechanism).

Using ASI (Android System Information) it seems

from Build info :

Android version+Release Codename: AOSP

Display: -eng AOSP OPENMASTER eng.root,20110905.165110 test-keys

Fingerprint: google/passion/passion/mahi.mahi:2.2/FRF91/43546:user/release-keys

Model: Zenithink b04

Product: b04ref

and from CPU info :

ARMv7 Processor rev 1, Hardware AMLOGIC MESON-M1 8726M SZ (Revision 20)

Frequency range : 200->800MHz

Screen size is 7", 512MB + 4GB and resolution is 800x480, HDMI and CAM equipped.

Since I require Hebrew locale (not font which is installed, but without Right To Left) for usability (facebook, email, Heb related browsing, etc.), I'll probably need to update / replace ROM (installed one does not show Hebrew at all when choosing Language).

Can anyone help me identify my tablet (i.e. which Zenithink model or better yet, which type of ROMs should I look for) ?

If by any chance anyone encountered a ROM which suits my tablet with Hebrew locale (Hebrew is available when choosing language) I'll be grateful
for some tips.

Sorry for my bad English ...

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
Hi everyone,
I'm a newbie
with Zenithink (actually I was misled
by a seller on Aliexpress : I ordered a 7" Dual core 1.2 GHz with 800x600 resolution and I was sent a 7" UPAD which I'm still trying to figure data about. I'm still waiting for dispute resolution via Aliexpress Escrow mechanism).

Using ASI (Android System Information) it seems

from Build info :
Android version+Release Codename: AOSP
Display: -eng AOSP OPENMASTER eng.root,20110905.165110 test-keys
Fingerprint: google/passion/passion/mahi.mahi:2.2/FRF91/43546:user/release-keys
Model: Zenithink b04
Product: b04ref

and from CPU info :
ARMv7 Processor rev 1, Hardware AMLOGIC MESON-M1 8726M SZ (Revision 20)
Frequency range : 200->800MHz
Screen size is 7", 512MB + 4GB and resolution is 800x480, HDMI and CAM equipped.

Since I require Hebrew locale (not font which is installed, but without Right To Left) for usability (facebook, email, Heb related browsing, etc.), I'll probably need to update / replace ROM (installed one does not show Hebrew at all when choosing Language).

Can anyone help me identify my tablet (i.e. which Zenithink model or better yet, which type of ROMs should I look for) ?
If by any chance anyone encountered a ROM which suits my tablet with Hebrew locale (Hebrew is available when choosing language) I'll be grateful
for some tips.
Sorry for my bad English ...
Seems you have a Zenithink C71 Capacitive tablet. The Forum for the C71 is http://www.slatedroi...256-zt-280-c71/

ROMs can be dowoaded from the Zenithink site - http://www.zenithink.com/Enews_92.html (or look in the SlateDroid C71 Forum ROM Threads for alternate download links)....

·
Registered
35 Posts
21 - 29 of 29 Posts