Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a noob cruel doubt.The cortex is so much better processor than the ARM11?Zt180 has a much more interesting screen but the speed does not let the user nervous?What I need to do right now: take a wits with android2.2 (small and fast) or a zt-180 (big and slow)? There is potential for Zt180 be fast too? Thirdly, should I just wait for a new 10" cortex?I think there a many guys with the same problems...Tks,JP

·
Registered
72 Posts
[quote name='jprock;35453]Hello' date=' I have a noob cruel doubt.The cortex is so much better processor than the ARM11?Zt180 has a much more interesting screen but the speed does not let the user nervous?What I need to do right now: take a wits with android2.2 (small and fast) or a zt-180 (big and slow)? There is potential for Zt180 be fast too? Thirdly, should I just wait for a new 10" cortex?I think there a many guys with the same problems...Tks,JP[/QUOTE'] you can get one one with the arm 11 for like $230. if u want a real cortex a8 then its gonna cost some. i heard that the zenithink performs well for the money. sure its on a8, but its a good price. now that the manufactures know that its not a real a8, you can bet that they are gonna hike up the price to something absurd. im saying this if ur looking for 10.2 a8 tablet. i think once the zenithink gets froyo you will see a nice lil speed bump but it wont be as fast as a a8. i guess it depends on price. not sure how the wits compares to the zenithink in price. if price is no object and u can do with a smaller screen, then go for it. but i honestly dont think you will see THAT big of a difference unless u are a power user...like me

·
Registered
25 Posts
The Wits a81e is only 200 from merimobiles.com so The price point is about the same. So if you want the better processor go with the wits, if you want the bigger screen go with the zt-180.I'd like to see what the speed difference is between the 800mhz A8 in the a81e (running in froyo) to the 800mhz in the zt-180.Does anyone have any benchmarks to compare the two?

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I wouldn't get a pricey tablet that can't run flash. I believe the a8 can or will be able to soon, and that's the wits.Anyone care to correct me?

·
Registered
22 Posts
JamesDroid;35820 said:
Interesting thread on Android benchmarks here. HTC Hero CPU points 161Orphan M16 CPU points 960
Hmmmm I have a HTC hero and the ZT 180 (orphan M16) strang why is the cpy so slow on the HTC hero on those benchmark results even though the benchmark results say the cpu is only 1/6 of the zt 180 i think my htc hero is still faster
. But looking at the spec of htc hero it has a 528 MHz Qualcomm MSM7600A cpu why is all the benchmarks on that site only getting around 160.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.