Android Tablets Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, so from the many stories we have been reading, the flatpad is in fact just the Zenithink zt-180 (article here).http://www.shanzai.com/index.php/ma...ink-epad-follows-kmarts-gentouch-to-us-marketso from that shanzai article we see that flatpad = Zenithink zt-180Then super fw developer xaueious posts this on slatedroid and confirms that both have fake CPUS...http://www.slatedroid.com/showthrea...180-Specifications-Faking-Not-ARMv7-A8-Cortex!http://www.zenithink.com.nu/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=137&extra=page=1针对前期卓尼斯用户,虎翼商城已经承诺给大家退款退货楼主发表于 昨天 11:44 | 只看该作者 | 倒序看帖 | 打印虎翼商城作为国内比较早的专业销售山寨笔记本电脑,山寨平板的直销网站。目前针对卓尼斯CE版、android 2.1版的软硬件问题:包括CPU质疑造假、电池、WIFI模块、系统经常死机、软件不兼容等问题;由于作为销售商同样的不知情,为维护商城信誉和品质,我们已经在2010年7月31日停止销售此款机型。前期购机的用户凭借收据或者淘宝交易记录凭证可以在商城退款退货(非本站购机客户请自行联系购买商家)。针对此款不成熟的产品对广大客户造成的影响深表歉意。

· Registered
8 Posts
focusedone;27427 said:
is this true?
We did show that the FlatPad A10 had the ARM Cortex-A8 Processor - 1GHz+. This is incorrect. This was what we recieved from our manufacturer and we are taking action against them for this.The FlatPad A10 has the ARMv6 CPU (Rev 5) ZT-180 - 1GHz+. We have updated our site and will be contacting customers that purchased this unit personally regurding the CPU change.*Note this is not a fake Processor just a different processor made by ZiniThink labeled the ZT-180 you can see here: http://bit.ly/9WtPvF.We will continue to support this product and will continue software development on the firmware and rom.-Jason Brashear

· Registered
936 Posts
I hope you know how to read Chinese flatcomputing, because there's many many retailers are canceling orders and offering full refunds in China for this debacle. It doesn't matter if you call it ARM11 now. This company has serious issues with integrity and quality control.If you care about your 'company' at all, you need to issue refunds and start legal actions against Zenithink if necessary.You could also try contact the real chipset manufacturer to see what you can do about this. The link I posted to imp3 has some contact information.I know you guys are trying to make money, but you guys are ridiculous enough to be selling a 900 Yuan tablet for $285USD. That's a nice payout already. Now at least maybe you can sell it for what it really is. You really ought to offer partial refunds, or you are scammers too.Maybe a good lesson for us all.

· Registered
8 Posts
xaueious,I appreciate your input and we are taking legal action against the manufacturer, but the unit that we have is still a viable tablet. the ZT-180 Hardware that comes from http://www.zenithink.com/en/product_view.asp?id=228 is labled a ZT-180 CPU. how is that false? They show it as such.Our tablet manufacturer was not Zenithin.com. We are not "scammers" and I do not appreciate your implied slander.If you want we can talk and I will give you my personal line.-Jason Brashear

· Registered
936 Posts
flatcomputing;27506]xaueious said:
http://www.zenithink.com/en/product_view.asp?id=228[/url] is labled a ZT-180 CPU. how is that false? They show it as such.Our tablet manufacturer was not Zenithin.com. We are not "scammers" and I do not appreciate your implied slander.If you want we can talk and I will give you my personal line.-Jason Brashear
I don't really care much for talking more about this, but if you call changing hardware specs silently on your webpage 'responsible', I don't know what you are thinking. You have advertised your tablet as an A8 Cortex everywhere, and websites all over the internet have caught on to this false bit of news. I don't even have this tablet and I'm just trying to spread the word for the good of the community. You have benefiting, and continue to benefit from Zenithink's false advertising, which were magnified by your own advertising of your purported specifications. Until you make an official statement about this, I really have no respect for companies like you whatsoever. Your company's silence and lack of legitimate concern over this false advertisement is alarming. I am not disagreeing the product is viable as a product. But for one, the only reason you are setting the price $285USD (making over$120 per tablet) is because you are advertising it as A8 Cortex. No one is going to buy an ARM 11 tablet for that price, and you know it. That's sneaky.I'm not about to disregard your company yet. I gave you hints so you can recover, or you are just like Chinagrabber and other 3rd rate greymarket resellers.Saying that your tablet is not 'manufactured' by Zenithink, at least in part, is ridiculous. I'd check my sources.

· Registered
22 Posts
I brought mine for $180, plus $35 postage to Australia and would have been satisfied with that. Actually, for that price, a 1GHz ARM11 with thumb and FPU, it is a complete bargain.When I got mine and saw how it left the SmartQ V7 in the dust at a higher resolution, I was mighty impressed. Considering the price, I can assume that Zenithink increased the price on the next batch, because all distributors increased their price by a large margin soon after. (probably demand related due to the specs.)At this price, it can still be considered a good price and the only Pad to support such a high resolution. So I would say the problem is not in the product, but in the trust. We no longer trust Zenithink and if Zenithink can no longer sell their product to the top Chinese distributors, it is unlikely we will see firmware updates.Flatpad need to step-up and say, anyone who purchased before this date can request a refund due to the false advertising. At this point they would do well to advise why this is such a good product and why it would be worth keeping. (People are going to demand it anyway, so it is best to offer it first.) The better they can convince, the less people will demand refunds. Antagonising customers by passing on the buck will not reduce the amount of refund demands.I still like my ePAD and will not return to Jiongtang, even if a refund was offered. But the enthusiasm is gone, and I will no longer buy a Zenithink product again. I also will not be recommending the products to other people, because it is better to buy from honest Chinese companies such as SmartQ.Android tablets are a rapidly growing market and manufacturers, factories and resellers would do well to safeguard their reputations.

· Registered
34 Posts
[quote name='xaueious;27539]I don't really care much for talking more about this' date=' but if you call changing hardware specs silently on your webpage 'responsible', I don't know what you are thinking. You have advertised your tablet as an A8 Cortex everywhere, and websites all over the internet have caught on to this false bit of news. I don't even have this tablet and I'm just trying to spread the word for the good of the community. You have benefiting, and continue to benefit from Zenithink's false advertising, which were magnified by your own advertising of your purported specifications. Until you make an official statement about this, I really have no respect for companies like you whatsoever. Your company's silence and lack of legitimate concern over this false advertisement is alarming. I am not disagreeing the product is viable as a product. But for one, the only reason you are setting the price $285USD (making over$120 per tablet) is because you are advertising it as A8 Cortex. No one is going to buy an ARM 11 tablet for that price, and you know it. That's sneaky.I'm not about to disregard your company yet. I gave you hints so you can recover, or you are just like Chinagrabber and other 3rd rate greymarket resellers.Saying that your tablet is not 'manufactured' by Zenithink, at least in part, is ridiculous. I'd check my sources.[/QUOTE'] The Orphan M16 is not what you are saying it is xaueious ---- have you actually touched an Orphan M16? This is industrial sabatoge and you could be liable....

· Registered
936 Posts
At $180 that's not that bad. But there are companies selling this for $285, which is ridiculous. Look, I have friends who do Shanzhai manufacturing too. And Zenithink made a scumbag move. You idiots who are trying to rip customers off need to shut up. You are making yourselves look bad.

· Registered
64 Posts
[quote name='xaueious;27707]Look' date=' I have friends who do Shanzhai manufacturing[/QUOTE']The truth always creeps out in the end.... Bitter and jealous at the ZT-180's speed and power, and even more scared bitter and jealous of the ultra M16 tablet which blows ya socks off, you've become so desperate you are just a fountain of lies now. I've never seen so many accusations without any evidence to back it up in my life.I noticed on your blog it says you've never had a job in a technical industry, so is this a way to take out your bitterness on others? It sure is twisted anyway.Sorry to hear Flat computing got burned with a batch that don't have the beef inside. Just so happy I got the M16 now. Save myself a lot of stress.

· Registered
7 Posts
[quote name='fabulousdroid;27688]The Orphan M16 is not what you are saying it is xaueious ---- have you actually touched an Orphan M16? This is industrial sabatoge and you could be liable....[/QUOTE] If you know so much about it why not tell us what it is instead of just making evasive posts to discredit any info given about M16. Both chinagrabber.com and pricedinchina.com are changing specs by the minute' date=' currently Orphan M16 is now using "M16 1GHz cpu" but has also been refered to as both "ZT-180 1GHz" and breifly as "Telechip 1GHz" and if they such repuitable sellers why do they both use the same proxy DNS registrar to hide their company identity from whois search.Also apad.tv still refers to it as using "Zenithink ZT-180 system architecture, featuring the Cortex A8 CPU" here:[URL=http://apad.tv/Orphan%20aPad%20M16%20specifications.html']http://apad.tv/Orphan%20aPad%20M16%20specifications.html[/URL]Although I'm sure the page will disapear/change soon lolSo which is it ZT-180, Telechip, M16 or Cortex if the makers/sellers of M16 cannot decide what is in there own product what hope for the customer to know.

· Premium Member
1,312 Posts
4ga, thanks for the post, im as confussed as all hell about whats going on. I have ordered the M16 and the site i ordered from specifically states that it has the "cortex a8"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.