Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
131 Posts
Is it worth trying to flash this version on my zt-180? Not sure it might be the same one it came with. I am just checking the status and getting the following information.Model Number: p7901aFirmware Revision: 2.1-update1Kernel Version: [email protected] #1583Build Number: p7901a-eng 2.1-update1 ERE27 eng.root.20100708.111326 test-keysCheers

·
Registered
954 Posts
Can someone get me a system dump? I don't know how to unpack the system.img right now.
Dumping system content5) adb remount5) adb push busybox /data/local6) adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/busybox7) adb shell /data/local/busybox tar czvf /sdcard/systemdump.tgz /system
If busybox is not already installed, you can get it here -> http://www.busybox.net/downloads/binaries/1.16.1/busybox-armv6lSource of busybox: http://www.busybox.net/downloads/binaries/1.16.1/Instructions: http://android.modaco.com/content/a...-dump-system-and-boot-from-a-standard-device/And upload that file somewhere

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'll try if I get home at a reasonable time at work at the moment so cant really spend the time to figure out how to do this bit of noob when it comes to this stuff. Or maybe someone who already has this somewhere can upload for Xaueious!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
maric;28005 said:
Is it worth trying to flash this version on my zt-180? Not sure it might be the same one it came with. I am just checking the status and getting the following information.Model Number: p7901aFirmware Revision: 2.1-update1Kernel Version: [email protected] #1583Build Number: p7901a-eng 2.1-update1 ERE27 eng.root.20100708.111326 test-keysCheers
This firmware is 708 also, so need to Flash. Only useful for ppl who need to re-flash their system for whatever reasonSent from my Zenithink ZT-180 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
xaueious;28008 said:
Can someone get me a system dump? I don't know how to unpack the system.img right now. And upload that file somewhere
Ill have a go tomorrow, don't have time tonightSent from my Zenithink ZT-180 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
is the only use for the mini usb is for flashing?i cant seem to navigate through it if i plug it to my pc.coz i would like to b e able to drg and drop files in it like i do with my 7" APAD.or am i the only one having this issue. help please.yah...also realplayer need fixing. i cant use the next button while im playing a video.it always force closes.

·
Registered
439 Posts
markmorado;56782 said:
is the only use for the mini usb is for flashing?i cant seem to navigate through it if i plug it to my pc.coz i would like to b e able to drg and drop files in it like i do with my 7" APAD.or am i the only one having this issue. help please.yah...also realplayer need fixing. i cant use the next button while im playing a video.it always force closes.
#1 - I've read in threads and seen that you can connect a USB converter dongle and use the mini usb port like a regular USB port#2 - I've read in threads that you can't drag and drop files or use Droid Explorer properly yet#3 - You aren't the only one having this issue#4 - Someone already mentioned they want realplayer fixed in the thread about what you'd like to see in the next firmware. You could post your suggestion there, though I don't really see the point of the thread unless a real tally of fixes is tracked and then sent to someone who actually works on the firmware. Or we could all wish in one hand and you know what in the other and see which hand fills up first. ha ha

·
Registered
31 Posts
Interestingly my ZT180 does not have a miniUSB port, but a normal sized USB port between the headphone socket and the OTG socket and a miniUSB network port next to the power button.My "manual" shows 2 variants. One with a miniUSB socket without OTG socket and the one described above.

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
mini usb=OTG

·
Registered
439 Posts
midician;56922]Interestingly my ZT180 does not have a miniUSB port said:
Your reply here confuses me as in another thread Christian Buchner tells you that the OTG socket is a mini USB port
Christian Buchner;56912]A special USB port with the hardware capability to serve both as a host said:
USB (mini)[/B] connector more versatile.Typically you use that port with the Android SDK, to send commands to the device - or you use it to flash your firmware. In both cases the ZT-180 acts as a device.
Do you have a photo of your OTG socket?What kind of manual did you get with your device?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well this is interesting!The OTG socket is indeed a mini USB socket- I tried plugging it in and it fits. Plugging it it into a XP PC gets me the prompt to install software for an Android phone. Dare I install the software???

·
Registered
383 Posts
midician;57373 said:
Well this is interesting!The OTG socket is indeed a mini USB socket- I tried plugging it in and it fits. Plugging it it into a XP PC gets me the prompt to install software for an Android phone. Dare I install the software???
Install it if you would like to run ADB over USB(though push/pull doesn't work in current version yet...)... and hopefully next version or so be able copy back and forth from the mount of the tablet sdcard from your PC.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.