Android Tablets Forum banner

ZeniThink Z101 Thread........

10K views 27 replies 5 participants last post by  omarahum 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
For anyone who has or planning to get one of these. We'll talk about it in this thread.

The specs to this is:

Hardware
Performance
Remarks
Model
Z101

CPU
CORTEX A9

FSB
1GMHz

Memory
DDR 512MB

Nandflash
4GB-32GB(standard configuration :4GB

Extended
TF card ; U disk

LCD display
10.2" TFT highlight display ,1024*600

Internet
Built-in Ethernet, support WIFI

Camera
Built-in camera

I/O ports
DC in
Earphone
RJ-45
TF
1*USB 2.0 Host port
1*USB 2.0 device port
HDMI output

Touch scree
Multi-Point Resistive Touch screen

Audio
Built in stereo speakers 1w*2
Built-in mono recorder

LED indicators
Power; charging

Key-press
Power on /off,
menu , back , home

Max Battery Time
Wifi on :6hours

Power Adapter
220V Input 9V DC Output ,2A

Battery
Polymer Lithium Ion, 4000mAH

Z101PAD Software Capacity
Software
Description
Remarks
OS
Android 2.2/2.3

Office
File reading programs
Word viewer
Excel Viewer
Powerpoint Viewer
PDF Viewer
Image Viewer

Editing programs
Microsoft Wordpad
Microsoft SpreadExcel
Messengers
QQ,MSN

Audio
MP3 playing
WAV playing
WMA playing
AAC,AAC+ playing
WAV,WMA recording

Video
H.264:1080P
MPEG4/2/1 DIVX & XVID:1080P
REAL:RMVB & RM 720P
Remark:full HD video

JPEG image
GIF image

Games
Playing Cards, Angry Birds, etc.

Languages
Support Multi-Language

See less See more
#2 ·
I just ordered the Z101 (not delivered yet, so I don't know yet which ROM will be installed).

However, there seems to be no ROM update for this model on the official website. Is the "Z102 20110930 ROM" likely to work (the specs between the Z101 and Z102 are quite similar, except the embedded GPS for the Z102) or should I use another Cortex A9 ROM, such as the C91?

Thanks for any help...
sciroccorics

#3 ·
Well the C91 has a capacitive screen, and the Z101 & Z102 have multi touch resistive, so you probably shouldn't use the C91 ROM (plus there's a bunch of different hardware inside the tablets). I would thing the Z102's would be most compatible with the Z101, but i wouldn't advise using a ROM that wasn't specifically made for your tablet. I'd probably wait till you get the tablet, and then see if there is ROM download for it. If there isn't, I'd email atp_uestc and ask when one would become available.....

#4 ·
Thanks a lot for this excellent advice, omarahum. I will definitely follow your idea.

BTW, I've ordered both the C91 (for me ;-) and the Z101 (for a gift), so I should be able to compare the installed ROMs, and search for the differences in the corresponding filesystems. Just waiting for my devices that should be somewhere between China and France...

#5 ·
Cool....

Actually, I believe all the ZT-280's use the same android system image/tar file. Just everything else is different for each model (spl, boot, kernel etc.)...

So you are getting a C91 also, nice. I wonder if you will be getting the updated capactive screen (5 or 10 point multi-touch) versus the old one (what I have, only 2 point multi touch). I am not even sure that they are selling the newer version yet, atp only said they were going to be updated without a change in the price for the C91....

When you do get your tablets, do you think you can post in the C91 vendor thread where you bought it from and if you got a real Zenithink C91? Seems most people are getting fakes, having a resistive screen rather than capacitive and not having the usb port for the RJ-45 adapter for ethernet support. Thanks...

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
#12 ·
#14 ·
Hi
Jazz
i think you have the same firmware as me 20111018 just looks a little different more to do with your homescreen,as they are 3 different one's,just i plain old prolauncher screen then 2 customised
ones,they should be moving up to 2.3 OS, i was told it was going to be Friday last week but not on Zenithink website as yet

#16 ·
There were a couple of Apps that came with mine, which is different from what Zenithink have for the Z102 (20111018)

Also the Kernal i had was 2.6.34 root@android#1961, and now its 2.6.34 root@android#1955
Little diff's here and there, wish i had of backed it up first

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi
Jazz tell me with these new kernels can you turn wifi off and on with the switch on top of tablet?
also can you turn gps off and on in security in settings
i have the very 1st kernel on mine and gps starts automatic when using co-pilot and can only turn off when tablet turns off
and on wifi its into settings and wifi to turn off and on instead of switch on top of tablet
what apps have you got missing??????????????

#18 ·
Looks like the Z101 is getting a new ROM, the old 1024 is no longer listed on the Zenithink Download page....

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ooops, maybe I was wrong. Not only did they remove the ROM, but they removed the Z101 from the products page too! Does that mean they are no longer making and supporting the Z101?

#19 ·
Ok motherofallbattles i just checked and the switch on top does Not turn Wifi on or off
Also unticking Use GPS under Settings, Location & Security does Not turn off gps,
Copilot, iGO and Sygic all get signal

I had my Tablet for one day before i installed so much crap it wasnt running right, its been 2 weeks now
and the Rom for Zenithink didnt have everything i had, and i am really not sure what is missing

#26 ·
#28 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.