Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have C71 for myself, I fixed limit market issue by using the scripts download from this forum.
I bought another C71, but I can't fix the problem now, it rom is 0709, even I flash the rom back to 0412, still fail to fix the problem. when I run market fix scripts, it display " unable to chmod...." "unable to copy ....."

·
Global Moderator
878 Posts
You don't have root access.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Sounds like the ADB drivers are not installed or not working correctly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am using the same laptop to run the market fix scripts, so I think the ADB driver should be ok, is it possible that those files in the new C71 has been set as read only in the factory? so when the scripts try to overwrite, it display " unable to chmod...." "unable to copy ....."

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i can copy files from laptop to C71, when i run market fix script, it display" remount failed: operation not permitted" "failed to copy ..... to ....: read-only file system" "unable to chmod /.....: read-only file system"

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
i can copy files from laptop to C71, when i run market fix script, it display" remount failed: operation not permitted" "failed to copy ..... to ....: read-only file system" "unable to chmod /.....: read-only file system"
Yes, it seems the partitions are locked by default with the 0709 ROM (thank you Kairnage for pointing out the ro.secure=1 in the default.prop), but you said you flashed the 0412 ROM also, adb should be working fine on the 0412 ROM....

You probably have to manually mount the system partition as rewriteable before the script will work with the 0709 ROM (although it seems the build.prop already has the samsung settings by default, but I guess you want to do the xml files google compatability fix)...

Try using a Terminal app on the tablet and then type the following (thank you atp_uestc):
su
mount -o remount,rw -t ubifs ubi0_0 /system
Then try to use the script or push or chmod the files you were trying to before .... Or try adb shell "mount -o remount,rw -t ubifs ubi0_0 /system" , but I'm not sure if the adb shell command will work or not....

If you try this, please report back whether or not either worked....

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Yes, it seems the partitions are locked by default with the 0709 ROM (thank you Kairnage for pointing out the ro.secure=1 in the default.prop), but you said you flashed the 0412 ROM also, adb should be working fine on the 0412 ROM....
Yup big DUH and a facepalm from me for not thinking about that after we had talked about that.

·
Global Moderator
878 Posts
Another little point, but not necessarily to do with this issue is that just because a tablet has Superuser in the app drawer does not mean that the tablet is rooted, a good example of that is the ZT-180 G2 legacy firmware (last official release) which had it there, but the tablet still need to be rooted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks very much for Dryster, Kairnage and Omarahum.
I tried again, the market fix scirpt works for 0412 ROM...., have not enough time to work on 0709 rom

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hiya, just confirming by remounting /system as read/write, the market script works on 0709 rom. I did have to do one further thing - even after remounting as read/write, the permissions for build.prop had to be amended to allow the script to replace it - so;

1. mount as rewritable as above
su
mount -o remount,rw -t ubifs ubi0_0 /system

2. cd /system
chmod 777 build.prop

..then run the market fix script.

*edited to correct the instructions - this is accurate and now works

·
Registered
35 Posts
After trying your method "russhay" on chmod +777 build.prob he tells me "bad mode"

whats wrong?
Ahh I am a fat fingered idiot! Just chmod 777, not +777

Sent from my ZTPAD ZT-282 (Slatedroid Market Script) using Tapatalk 2

1 - 14 of 14 Posts