Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased and recieved this: 10.2" Touch WiFi MID - 1GHz CPU - Android 2.1 Tablet PC - eBay (item 250677876983 end time Sep-03-10 21:38:50 PDT)I dont exactly know what it is is it an Apad or is it an Epad?Here is what I can tell from the settings:Android Version 2.1 update 1Model Number p7901aKernel Version 2.6.32.9 [email protected] #1668So far I am having issues with Slide me reading my SD card and i have no android market. I also have been unable to install an sdk or apk manager. Any advice would be helpful.

·
Registered
150 Posts
cheapsin;38301 said:
I recently purchased and recieved this: 10.2" Touch WiFi MID - 1GHz CPU - Android 2.1 Tablet PC - eBay (item 250677876983 end time Sep-03-10 21:38:50 PDT)I dont exactly know what it is is it an Apad or is it an Epad?1) SlideME is an app market, this is what you use to get apps (unless you simply download apps from websites)2) Apad and Epad are the same thing, it's just a labeling done by the sellers, you'll find that it's just a Zt-180 unit.3) What you want to look for is below where it says the root thing, there should be a string of numbers, which likely contains 0708 or 0804 toward the end of it. That will tell you your firmware version.Also, you should have an app installed already called Astro (it's an app manager which allows you to install/uninstall apps that are on your SD card).Not sure about the sd card problem. You're not the only person to complain about it though. What brand do you have and what is the size of it? I'm using a 2gb kingston and it works just fine.

·
Registered
383 Posts
cheapsin;38301 said:
I recently purchased and recieved this: 10.2" Touch WiFi MID - 1GHz CPU - Android 2.1 Tablet PC - eBay (item 250677876983 end time Sep-03-10 21:38:50 PDT)I dont exactly know what it is is it an Apad or is it an Epad?Here is what I can tell from the settings:Android Version 2.1 update 1Model Number p7901aKernel Version 2.6.32.9 [email protected] #1668So far I am having issues with Slide me reading my SD card and i have no android market. I also have been unable to install an sdk or apk manager. Any advice would be helpful.
It's a ZT-180, Orphan M16(NOT +), Flat Computing A10, Enso-now ZenPad4, Zenithink A105, or other lesser branded but all the same machine... there are threads where we are trying to get Google/Andorid Market working here and on XDA-Dev... Slide-me is minimal ccomapre to full Google/Android MArket support... unfortunately we have gotten Close... but not to Downloading/buying from Goggle/Android Market Yet...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys I used a co workers micro sd and it worked so I got an 8gb card and slideme works. There is no astro program installed just slide me. Here a couple more issues.1. Real player app that is built in doesn't allow me to raise or lower the volume while watching a movie. No clue how to fix it.2. I tried to use my jailbroke 3GS with mywi to get on the Internet but the apad would not use it as a wifi hot spot even though EVERYONE at my job was able to hop on and abuse my access.Programs on device:TaskillerSkyfireSam 3.5Oi filemanager

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I have had this pad for a couple weeks and since I have been able to access slideme the pad has been a little more fun but I feel as if I am missing out on all the cool things I can do with this pad because it is version 2.1 which is still in development and mine sits and gets minimal use. With the specs above about the pad I have are there any alternatives to go down to a stable firmware or is there another OS i can install? Also as a rookie to epads/apads/ipads and android is this going to be over my head or will there be a step by step process that I can follow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.