Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. I've just got my hands on the Z-180 v2 7" tab, but am experiencing some issues with regards to colour depth and clarity. Attached below is a shot of an AVI file and one of a picture viewed in the built in gallery app. Notice the banding and poor colour quality?

There does not appear to be a newer rom out for this 7" v2 pad, but I did manage to combine the stock zImage files with several 10" v2 firmwares enabling me to flash to a newer version. Sadly none of which resolved my colour issues.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stupid questions - ave you tried these on your PC or another handheld to make sure the source material doesnt have problems?

jim
Yep...here's a link to the Audi pic: http://postimage.org/image/1xt1qqv8k/

Not only have I checked them on the PC first, I've got someone with 10" v2 pad to take a look at the same vid and pic on their tablet. Both looks 100% correct...

·
Registered
805 Posts
it seems to be somthing on the new firm, i have noticed it happening on the firm release for the v1's (0324) where some items go blue, then after a bit, sort themselves out..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it seems to be somthing on the new firm, i have noticed it happening on the firm release for the v1's (0324) where some items go blue, then after a bit, sort themselves out..
Unfortunately this issue never sorts itself out. This isn't just an issue with blue dominance...it's as if the pad is not able to display the entire colour palette and is making do with the closest colour (which is why i made mention of it being like trying to display a 32bit image on your PC, but you've got your monitor set to 16bit)

·
Registered
102 Posts
i recognized this after installing busybox.
reflashing did the job for me
that's because you have to install the correct busybox.

Get busybox installer from the market, install the latest version 1.19 to xbin AND bin, there problem solved

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
I usually reflash the original ROM whenever the color issue happens.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. I've just got my hands on the Z-180 v2 7" tab, but am experiencing some issues with regards to colour depth and clarity. Attached below is a shot of an AVI file and one of a picture viewed in the built in gallery app. Notice the banding and poor colour quality?

There does not appear to be a newer rom out for this 7" v2 pad, but I did manage to combine the stock zImage files with several 10" v2 firmwares enabling me to flash to a newer version. Sadly none of which resolved my colour issues.

Any ideas?
Have you solved the problem?

·
6,629 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Same problem with mine - colors are awful
. I have last Gride Mod 2.2.0.5 and trying 0613 - no results.
Any solution ?

·
6,629 Posts
Have you guys tried using the zImage_update from the update folder (vs. the usr one) on the FTP? That one formats the inand before it reinstalls the ROM. My thinking is that maybe something that caused your color issues is still on the tablet even after a reflash.... ftp://zenithink.com/dyliao/zt-180/update/20110426/E3_E4/update/zImage_update This zImage_update is for the 0613 ROM and earlier (ext2 file system). If you are using the 0618 kernel (ext4 file system), use the one in the 0618 update folder - ftp://zenithink.com/dyliao/zt-180/update/20110618_t/E3_E4/update/zImage_update

Not sure if it will work for you guys, just throwing out an idea.....

PS - You guys are saying that the color issue remains even after reflashing to an official Zenithink ROM and you haven't made any changes or updated/installed anything, correct?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Fixed color.
Download and install eu.chainfire.cf3d 2.apk-and-eu.chainfire.cf3d.pro 1.apk.
Download and install Busybox apk installer.
Open Busybox and select Busybox 1.19.
Select install location /system/xbin/.
Restart tablet.
Working for zt 180 7-inch with Gride Mod 2.2.0.5.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fixed color.
Download and install eu.chainfire.cf3d 2.apk-and-eu.chainfire.cf3d.pro 1.apk.
Download and install Busybox apk installer.
Open Busybox and select Busybox 1.19.
Select install location /system/xbin/.
Restart tablet.
Working for zt 180 7-inch with Gride Mod 2.2.0.5.
I tried this but now the colors on desktop are weird. On the fullscreen mode video the colors stayed with the same problem.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts