Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to use youtube?I have marketplace, talk, and skyfire working but I can't get the youtube app to work or view it in the browser?

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
are you running the 7-24-10 fw? That seems to have boned youtube and other streaming apps. I decided to let all the lemmings jump first, so I'm on 7-18, and things are fine.

·
Registered
125 Posts
[quote name='betolley;25155]Is there a way to use youtube?I have marketplace' date=' talk, and skyfire working but I can't get the youtube app to work or view it in the browser?[/QUOTE'] First uninstall the Youtube from PDN and then install it from here.Download Youtube from here:http://www.box.net/shared/93t5vc7np8

·
Registered
173 Posts
Is there any way to uninstall using ADB? I installed after the 7/24 update, and my version doesn't work. It doesn't show up in Manage Applications for me to remove it, but I can't install a newer version because ADB tells me it already exists.

·
Registered
15 Posts
[quote name='rspray;26418]Is there any way to uninstall using ADB? I installed after the 7/24 update' date=' and my version doesn't work. It doesn't show up in Manage Applications for me to remove it, but I can't install a newer version because ADB tells me it already exists.[/QUOTE'] I just replaced the YouTube.apk file in the google experience files with the YouTube that works. If you then install the google experience again, it will be updated with a working YouTube.

·
Registered
173 Posts
[quote name='cpetterborg;26440]I just replaced the YouTube.apk file in the google experience files with the YouTube that works. If you then install the google experience again' date=' it will be updated with a working YouTube.[/QUOTE'] Did this. It worked. Thanks!

·
Registered
365 Posts
[quote name='lawman;25165]are you running the 7-24-10 fw? That seems to have boned youtube and other streaming apps. I decided to let all the lemmings jump first' date=' so I'm on 7-18, and things are fine.[/QUOTE'] Although wifi is hit or miss for me with 7_24, when it works (i.e., after rebooting) the Youtube app works beautifully. I get HQ videos, smooth streaming, no stuttering. It's actually a pretty positive experience. Of course, like others have noted: if you try to access Youtube through a browser you get FAIL due to lack of Flash.
-Matt

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the new FW and the YouTube apk works like a champ.Also I took Floodit and Jewels off my phone and installed them on the PDN and they both work great as well. The one thing I am still having problems with is getting the marketplace to work with the "ugly hacK", but, oh well...can't have everything.Anyway, everything works with the new FW so I'm not going to undo anything.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You Tube didn't work. I didn't take any apps from my phone. I took the YouTube app that was linked from a post on the previous page. First, I moved it into the Google Experience folder as suggested and reinstalled Google Experience. Didn't work. I then installed it as a regular app through Estrongs. It worked until I rebooted. The app acts like it's starting to open and then I end up back at the home screen.As I said, I'll keep investigating.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Many apologies, but editing my post doesn't work, or I'd do that. Success! Here are the steps I took:1. Put YouTube.adb in the same directory as adb.exe2. Open a command prompt and navigate to the directory3. Type: adb remount adb push YouTube.apk /systen/app/YouTube.apk4. RebootNot sure if step 4 was needed, but it seemed like a good idea.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts