Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still do not have my EKEN m001 (curse you DealXtreme for tormenting me!)However, I am still doing what I can with one. I have created a custom YouTube APK file (custom may be a bit strong here, I just changed one thing). It will now default to Normal Quality, instead of auto detecting our WiFi connections as High Quality. Well, it should default to Normal Quality, but I do not have my device to test it with. Anyone care to give it a go?DISCLAIMER: It is not my fault if this breaks your device, use are your own risk. Blah, blah, blah, etc, etc.Youtube_DNv2.apkThe DN is for Default Normal. The v2 is because the first one was an non 1.6 compatible Youtube app. I am really hoping that this works, because my kid likes to watch youtube videos, but changing the settings every time can be a pain. Thanks in advance to the app testers!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmmm. Trying to mod things without the device is not going so well for me. I will have to waiting until mine arrives.In the meantime, someone else can feel free to pick this up and fix it. I wasn't doing anything Godlike here. Just following these instructions for xda-dev and applying them to our working version of the Youtube.apkhttp://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=6403990&postcount=5

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Once you extract the API to a folder there should be a smali subfolder, who just have to drill down through several subfolders until you reach the smali files. I edited the smali file with notepad++. Good luck!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What are you using to unpack the apk? I used apktool (http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/). That should give you the files you need (you also use apktool to build the apk after you are done). On a side note, I have never been in more agony over waiting for something to arrive than I am over this $100 Android Tablet. There is just so much fun to be had hacking and modding!

·
Registered
100 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts