Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My You tube app is no longer working with the 7_24 firmware. I've tried to uninstall and reload it but quick uninstaller is telling me it's installed in system and it can't remove it. Any ideas how to get it off to reinstall it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Slaterman;33388 said:
My You tube app is no longer working with the 7_24 firmware. I've tried to uninstall and reload it but quick uninstaller is telling me it's installed in system and it can't remove it. Any ideas how to get it off to reinstall it?
See as I get a little smarter I can answer these things for myself:If you have Rooted the device:Connect to your computer running adb, open a cmd window and then it should be close to this:# Remount read/writeadb remount# open shelladb shell# go to apps directory (depends on rom, stock/custom etcetera, this is the stock rom path)cd /system/app# delete YouTube rm youtube.apk or what it might be called, check by writing ls to list all application

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.