Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
the OP was not specifically related to the "you tube app" not functioning... it was about you tube video not playing, continually buffering but no video playing. This issue is present for me on the actual you tube website as well as the you tube app.

note: I tested link directly above and this doesn't fix the "continuous buffering without EVER playing video" issue.

so far have never been able to play you tube videos (app or web) with aurora 2, tried all available roms except 0721.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
the OP was not specifically related to the "you tube app" not functioning... it was about you tube video not playing, continually buffering but no video playing. This issue is present for me on the actual you tube website as well as the you tube app.

note: I tested link directly above and this doesn't fix the "continuous buffering without EVER playing video" issue.

so far have never been able to play you tube videos (app or web) with aurora 2, tried all available roms except 0721.
I got a youtube app from another link on another topic cant remember which one and now my youtube is actually playing for the first time I'm on tengcai mod firmware dont kno if it was the apk or fw bbut its finally workin

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got a youtube app from another link on another topic cant remember which one and now my youtube is actually playing for the first time I'm on tengcai mod firmware dont kno if it was the apk or fw bbut its finally workin
thanks kennyb, would be great if you could remember more about this fix, seems like im the only one with this issue now!

·
Registered
56 Posts
thanks kennyb, would be great if you could remember more about this fix, seems like im the only one with this issue now!
Ya i was surprised cuz i tried alot of diff youtube apks and none would work til the one i got now i think it might be the tengcai fw that did it have u tried that fw yet?

This was the link i used it must be the fw if this one doesnt work http://www.mediafire.com/?44u60b1wmq88udp

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's weird. I am using Pat Moss patch and got the last Yotube update on market
According to changelog, they fixed some bugs on 4.0...devices.
Now it's working smooth on my A2.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have 3 A2s using the latest YouTube app and all play fine continuously. The real problem for most network apps is the radio, and if you have a router that takes shortcuts you get hosed.

BTW, these are all DS-v24 and no full screen.
HEY, PAT. please explain bit more about "radio" & "takes shortcuts"
i have a really old dlink modem wireless router DSL-G604T - rather old but works perfectly for everything and never had problems with it on any of the 10+ wireless devices connected to it (laptops, iphones, pc's, ipad etc)

i have also tried using proxy servers (tunlr) so that my browser connects to youtube servers from different ip etc....

Still you tube vids never load (when using app or on youtube.com) - constant buffering

However i can go to twitch tv / justin tv and stream vids fine.

(Im using your DSv13 no fullscreen - waiting for JB)

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.