Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.got my apad in yesterday.it had no youtube app on it, so i used the installer and downloaded a youtube.apk file and installed it.the problem is, is that when i watch a youtube video it plays i the upper left corner of the screen and i can not full screen it. also my menu gets put on the side of the screen as if i rotated the tablet.i hear people saying its great for youtube, but i can not get it working properly.any ideas?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Same problem here. The Apad's Android version is modified in a way that the OS thinks it is in Portrait Mode even though it displays the home screen in Landscape Mode.As soon as an app tries to switch into Landscape Mode (like Youtube and most games) the OS actually switches to Portrait Mode, which causes apps to only display in a little corner of the screen or if they are fullscreen (games) the layout will be heavily distorted.I hope we will get a fix for this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
[quote author=gevrik link=topic=268.msg4498#msg4498 date=1275523888]When vid starts playing press home. When on home screen, press and hold home again until app switch window pops up. Press the YouTube icon and voila, vid is in full screen[/quote]Maybe there is something wrong with mine. I follow those instructions and it either keeps playing in a little box or comes up an error message saying video cannot be played or something like that. I have the apad with camera on the front. Rock chip. I dont understand why it wont work. Thanks anyway. :'(

·
Registered
113 Posts
[quote author=JediMindtrick link=topic=268.msg4570#msg4570 date=1275547847]Maybe there is something wrong with mine. I follow those instructions and it either keeps playing in a little box or comes up an error message saying video cannot be played or something like that. I have the apad with camera on the front. Rock chip. I dont understand why it wont work. Thanks anyway. :'([/quote]Same problem here, there is just no way I can get YT to display in fullscreen :(The "problem" is that the YT app uses the standard video player and NOT the rockchip video player, right?I don't know anything about tables or android, so bear with me if this a little "naive" ;)Could it be somehow possible to get rid of the standard video player and somehow replace it with the rockchip player? So that ALL videos are automatically played with rockchip player?I sure wouldn't know how to do this but there are a lot of smart people here

·
Registered
324 Posts
[quote author=uniqlo link=topic=268.msg4598#msg4598 date=1275557312]press the Home icon on the top left, not the physical "Home" button...[/quote]Nope, you press the actual hardware HOME button once to get back to your home screen. Then you press the HOME hardware button and hold it until a window pops-up. Tap the YT icon in that window and you are in full-screen. Works every single time for me.Or get Skyfire Beta for YT videos if you do not want to do that little trick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.