Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi everyone! I'm trying to figure out whether to get the n80rk or the chuwi v88. I know that people have said the build quality on windows is superb but I would like to hear from owners of this tab what their opinion is. Should I buy this over the chuwi and if so, why? The lack of bluetooth is only software as I understand it, is this true? How is the tab on reliability? Does it charge reliably? Anything I should know prior to purchasing? Your help is greatly appreciated in this matter. I really think the 8 inch is where it's at size-wise for everything I'll be doing with the tab. Thanks again, guys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone! I'm trying to figure out whether to get the n80rk or the chuwi v88. I know that people have said the build quality on windows is superb but I would like to hear from owners of this tab what their opinion is. Should I buy this over the chuwi and if so, why? The lack of usb is only software as I understand it, is this true? How is the tab on reliability? Does it charge reliably? Anything I should know prior to purchasing? Your help is greatly appreciated in this matter. I really think the 8 inch is where it's at size-wise for everything I'll be doing with the tab. Thanks again, guys.
bough it for 1 month, using firmware date 20.4.2013. here my short review.
build: light and
battery from max to min: browsing 4-5 hours, game about 2-3 hours (run out really fast when playing game). fully charge in 2h40.
some lags ..i think it will be better and better with the new firmware. display is ok.. bright and clear..30% brightness is good for me.8 inches tablet is a wise choice really!
camera: the front camera is better than the back.. skype a little slow when start but ok..clear voice and video call.
somth u need to know: yuandow/vido home page is not update new firmware since Feb. i have to look around and found new firmware here in slatedroid and http://www.rockchipfirmware.com/firmware-downloads .
if u need anymore info, just ask...

·
Registered
165 Posts
A good fast device. What exactly do you mean by lack of USB? USB devices work fine with it (keyboard, mice do anyway...). The battery is OK. The one thing that I find disappointing is the screen. I got a v818 at the same time as the n80rk and compared to that it is noticeably dimmer. I'm not saying it is compromised though, just functional rather than outstanding. Can't say I've noticed any lags.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A good fast device. What exactly do you mean by lack of USB? USB devices work fine with it (keyboard, mice do anyway...). The battery is OK. The one thing that I find disappointing is the screen. I got a v818 at the same time as the n80rk and compared to that it is noticeably dimmer. I'm not saying it is compromised though, just functional rather than outstanding. Can't say I've noticed any lags.
Thanks for the reply and the heads-up. I meant to type bluetooth. I've fixed the original. It's my understanding it's capable of bluetooth but the firmware hasn't enabled it yet, is this true?

·
Registered
21 Posts
n80rk is excellent. all is good abt the soc. too bad the software support arent comparable to the exynos. if only the chinese makers are proactive in their firmware optimisation, the chip can be fully utilised.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had one for about a week now, the 4-5 hour browsing is spot on, gaming does drain it super fast like 2-3 hours. I got it for €115 inc DHL from a seller on Aliexpress. I'm using Romans TNT rom for it atm, it's not based on latest firmware but the rom is fast, clean and I like it alot (thanks man!)

But the V88 has official 4.2.2 SDK V2.0 and a community making roms with it (V88 Rom Dev by OMA) support while everybody is awaiting the same from yuandao for the n80rk. Lots of discontent on the chinese vidofans forum about this issue, since they have released roms for other tablets.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks everyone for the replies! i ultimately went with a chuwi v88 for the bluetooth capability but it has turned into an even better decision thanks to oma. i just wish chuwi would release gpl sources.

Sent from my chuwi v88 via tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
N80RK's rear camera sucks big time. at 2.0MP, the quality is far inferior than normal samsung tablets with the same camera specifications.

also my rear camera now doesn't work... basically the software no longer detect the rear camera.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts