Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Moonse (Apad) arrived yesterday and it was good while it lasted, I used for around an hour till the battery was dead, i plugged it in to charge (red charge light comes on), left it for a few hours, but now it will not turn back on at all.... it appears to be dead?It won't turn on, it is not recognised by my PC ????? HelpAnyone any ideas, does the small hole on the side of the device have a reset button in it?? i have tried it but to no availHelp.... anyoneI must say on the up side of things, for the cheap price i thought (while it was working) its a great device, screen size is perfect for holding in had and web view, touchscreen is fairly responsive.

·
Registered
25 Posts
1) try turn off and on again (little white "Power" Switch on the side)2) while the Power Switch are in "Power On" position, press the button at front for a few seconds3) see whether there is a little penguin appears on the screen.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=uniqlo link=topic=547.msg4562#msg4562 date=1275546155]1) try turn off and on again (little white "Power" Switch on the side)2) while the Power Switch are in "Power On" position, press the button at front for a few seconds3) see whether there is a little penguin appears on the screen.[/quote]Tried that, unfortunately nothing appears on the screen at all?? and the unit is not even recognised by my PC so i can't even try to reload the firmware?One thing i just noticed, when i pull out the power lead a whistling noise comes from the unit, very quiet you can only hear it if you put it to your ear?? When i press the power button (on front) it stops whistling unit i release the button?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=Diegan link=topic=547.msg4564#msg4564 date=1275546855]where didi you buy it from?I hope you can revive it!
[/quote]Bought from ownta.com, i have not used them before so not sure what there like for returning products

·
Registered
92 Posts
[quote author=blastexx link=topic=547.msg4609#msg4609 date=1275562195]It's probably a defective capacitor which makes the whistling sound.Send it back, quick ! :'([/quote]Capacitors whistle as they explode. The whistling sound is present in working units (mine for example) it is most likely a charge pump in a dc-dc converter.Good luck with getting it working again. Try switching it off at the side for a half hour then bringing it back on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah i have tried the reset button, turning it on/off again but no joy just dead.So power must be getting in and staying it for it to emit the whistlin sound.I have submitted a ticket to the supplier www.ownta.com , but i am .....still awaiting a response.I not dealt with ownta.com before so i am not sure what there after sales service is like.Its a shame because i loved the unit for the short time it was working

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=HandfullofPeter link=topic=547.msg4911#msg4911 date=1275643094]Did you try the reset button on the back of the unit towards the bottom?[/quote]Which reset button are you refering to?Oops, i have just realised the hole i have been sticking a paperclip into is the microphone and not a reset button, doh!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, still no signs of life from the machine :-I have been contacted by the supplier (ownta.com) who advised me how to turn the unit on and off and to give its a try, what do they think i have been doing. ???Fingers crossed they will offer a refund or replacement

·
Registered
150 Posts
While you're waiting to hear about the refund, there's a slight possibility you might try if you haven't already."Smart" Li-ion battery chargers often have a minimum voltage cutoff -- sometimes if a battery gets too low they test charge for a moment then shut down. If low battery voltage is the problem, you might try repeatedly charging for a short time to see if you can bring the battery up to the minimum acceptable charging voltage for the charger to resume charging at its normal rate.Also, I recall seeing a garbled statement in the manual (published online elsewhere on this forum) that seems to say something like, if the battery is discharged too far, the charger will slow charge it for a much longer period. Perhaps you gave up too soon, with an over-discharged battery.Or, of course, none of the above applies, and you can't do anything else about a real defect (except get a refund).But thought these might be worth a try.Good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts