Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
aneduva;18229 said:
Does anybody have a luck to setup yahoo e-mail account with standard Mail tool...
Yes. But you need a "plus" account with Yahoo. I have read where some folks have been able to get around that somehow at Yahoo, but normally, Yahoo wants an annual fee to allow pop email... the free Yahoo mail just works on the web. I think Yahoo wants something like $25 per year.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yahoo Mail for Android was released last month, but it's only available on the Android Market from what I gather. I wonder if somebody could download the program using Android Market and then yank the apk file for the rest of us to install...would definitely be worth a shot.

·
Registered
87 Posts
[quote name='bmurphr1;18237]Yahoo Mail for Android was released last month' date=' but it's only available on the Android Market from what I gather. I wonder if somebody could download the program using Android Market and then yank the apk file for the rest of us to install...would definitely be worth a shot.[/QUOTE'] The email client that comes with the PDN works with Yahoo. I am using it. Easy to setup and so far no problem using it. But you do need a plus account. I ran into this problem a few years back, so I have had a plus account with Yahoo for awhile now... it gives you more space and access to pop email (like the mobile clients want to use). I am not sure about imap email, some client use it, but I don't know if Yahoo requires the "for pay" email to use it or not. Might worth a try if one of these clients support imap -- I didn't see an option for it in the PDN client tho.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The PDN is my first android based device and I haven't decided if I want to hack it yet as I've never hacked before. I'm also not sure if it is worth hacking since I really just want to read books, read e-mail and maybe surf now and then. The problem is I have the free yahoo account. I was wondering if I could still use the apk given above without doing all of the other hacking described on this site. I tried the alternate solution that requires a manual set up of the e-mail account. The only problem is the instructions say you must have your wi-fi off before trying the hack. In the case of the PDN I can't get into e-mail without having the wi-fi on. Any advice or suggestions?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had my Novel for a week or so and, as my first Android device as well, I love it. However, without the enhancements (I prefer to call them "enhancements" rather than "hacks") provided on this site, the experience would be nowhere near as enjoyable.It all begins with the app launcher/home screen. The home launcher that I installed (LauncherPro) is much faster and far easier to use compared to the stock PDN launcher. It also instantly turns the device into a multi-purpose tablet.Once you have a tablet in your hands, you will want to add a couple of apps that are a significant improvement over those that came installed with the PDN (in my case, the Skyfire browser, Facebook, Seesmic)That being said, I am using the eBook reader app that came with the device - it is easy to use, it has a nice set of features, and it is nicely integrated with the internal dictionary and the BN store.

·
Registered
147 Posts
[quote name='Lila;20427]The PDN is my first android based device and I haven't decided if I want to hack it yet as I've never hacked before. I'm also not sure if it is worth hacking since I really just want to read books' date=' read e-mail and maybe surf now and then. The problem is I have the free yahoo account. I was wondering if I could still use the apk given above without doing all of the other hacking described on this site. I tried the alternate solution that requires a manual set up of the e-mail account. The only problem is the instructions say you must have your wi-fi off before trying the hack. In the case of the PDN I can't get into e-mail without having the wi-fi on. Any advice or suggestions?[/QUOTE'] Possible workaround: http://picobit.wordpress.com/2009/04/10/yahoo-mail-free-pop-access/

·
Registered
31 Posts
BiPolarBear;18359 said:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8169708/Mail 1.0.1.apkEnjoy! My Droid is running out of storage space because I keep download apps to pull the apks off of it!
BiPolarBear,since yesterday (10/04) the 1.0.1 version has stopped working on WPDN. It requires to upgrade to 1.0.4. Can you or someone else get an 1.0.4 .apk for us who don't use Market?Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
[quote name='webbie;71364]BiPolarBear' date='since yesterday (10/04) the 1.0.1 version has stopped working on WPDN. It requires to upgrade to 1.0.4. Can you or someone else get an 1.0.4 .apk for us who don't use Market?Thanks![/QUOTE']If no one has 1.0.4.apk, can someone suggest other email application that will work with yahoo mail? Please!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.