Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Xscope the webkit browser works well on the Pandigital novel. The pin zoom works but is a little bit laggy sometimes. Its very fast and stable for me I like it a lot. Its now up there with Dolphin for my favorite browser.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Xscope lite on phone and xscope on the pdn. The gestures and orientation, and bookmarks all get in the way with the other browsers.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've been using Xscope Lite the last few days and have really liked it. My favorite browser at the moment.

·
Registered
61 Posts
xScope Web Browser (Video) | Android CommunityI have been using it more now and have a better feel for surfing with it.Pros:Scroll is very smooth and consistent. It's very stable on javascript heavy pages. ESPN which bogs some of the browsers ive used to a crawl is actually quite workable.The chromish type of interface is wonderful. Tabs are easily swiped between, the browser doesnt hog the space that you are using.The speed for load is reasonably quick and the page formatting is almost perfect. The progress bar seems very accurate and when its done its really done.Embedded you tube works like a charm. click on the link and the youtube app plays it or u can play it in another app if u have the full version.You can set up to 10 bookmarks with custom useragents. This is unbelievably useful because I sometimes absolutely hate the mobile version of sites. Cons:Couple issues that keep it from being perfect.The major issue I have with it is it doesnt seem to like the larger resolution of the PDN no matter what the orientation a little bit of the page will be off the screen. This works ok if there isnt anything to the side or its ads but if navigation is on the right side its a little bit of a pain. Changing the default page zoom does not seem to help. The browser works better in landscape as the default zoom gives most of resolution u need and generally u have a blank spot on right hand side to scroll down.Some things like setting bookmarks are very obtuse. Its not like the interface isnt there its that they are either tucked away or small icons and not very intuitive. I bookmarked my google bookmark page and use that. Also works well in other browsers better than the total fubar that Android bookmarks are currently right now.Ive tried Dolphin HD, Skyfire and Opera Mini but right now my favorite browser is xscope. Maybe because i recently changed over to Chrome on desktop or maybe because each of the other browsers seem to have a weakness. Dolphin HD is my second favorite but the side tabs and bookmarks seem to get in the way more than help. I do wish though that Xscope had the dolphin custom gesture system which is super useful for the PDN which has a lack of physical buttons.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I am anxious to try it.. can you tell me which version you are running and a source for the apk, if possible.. I don't have Market access.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Thanks y0chang.. I'll give it a try.. I like Dolphin but get irritated at the bookmark bar. I am a Chrome fan so will probably like the minimal design.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts