Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Xiaomi recently has released the Xiaomi Mi4c and today I'm going to analyze the difference between Xiaomi Mi4c, Xiaomi Mi4i and Xiaomi Mi4.

As to the screen size, these three phones all have a 5 inch IPS LCD panel that has a resolution of 1920 x 1080. It's glad to know that the company has not decided to go beyond the full HD resolution limits like it has with its Snapdragon 810 powered Mi Note Pro, and this will actually help the user to conserve battery life in the longer run.
1.png

The Xiaomi Mi4c has the fastest chipset present in all three smartphones -Snapdragon 808, while Xiaomi Mi4i equips with Snapdragon 615 and Xiaomi Mi4 has the Snapdragon 801. So if you ever wanted to purchase a smartphone that has the better chipset and performance, then go for Xiaomi Mi4c, followed by Xiaomi Mi4, and then Xiaomi Mi4i.

RAM
$285.99 Xiaomi Mi4c 3GB RAM 32 GB ROM, click here to check.
$249.99 Xiaomi Mi4c 2GB RAM 16 GB ROM, click here to check.
$229.99 Xiaomi Mi4 3GB RAM 16GB ROM, click here to check.
$239.99 Xiaomi Mi4i 2GB RAM 16GB ROM, click here to check.

Out of all three smartphones, Xiaomi Mi4c is the only one that comes in two RAM models; a 2GB one and a 3GB one. Purchasing a 3GB RAM model will also mean that you will have access to 32GB of storage (2GB RAM version only has 16GB of internal storage), which is something you should consider because none of these devices feature a microSD slot that will allow you to expand your existing memory. On the other hand, Mi4i has 2GB of RAM, while Xiaomi Mi4 has 3GB. Since Xiaomi Mi4i only has 2GB of RAM, it will carry a smaller price tag compared to Mi4c, and Mi4, but you will have to make a choice between purchasing a cheaper smartphone, and getting less RAM, or getting a higher priced device, but having an advantage from a hardware perspective.
4ccc.jpg

Processing performance
In our review of Xiaomi Mi4c, we got our hands on the 3GB model and the smartphone was able to score above 50,000 points in AnTuTu, which was expected because the smartphone not only has an excessive amount of RAM, but is also powered by a six-core processor. Let us take a look at how the remaining two smartphones fared when they were taken through the same benchmarking test.
Xiaomi Mi4: 44,667 points
Xiaomi Mi4i: 40,153 points
2.jpg

From above, if you demand the best possible performance from a handset, then i will recommend you Xiaomi Mi4c, but if you require a balance between price and performance, then Mi4 should be your next choice.

Camera
All three smartphones belonging to Xiaomi have a maximum capturing resolution of 13MP. Previous generation smartphones might be able to capture images with the same number of megapixels but they will falter in other areas such as taking multiple images in quick succession and accurately, low light images or high quality videos.

Xiaomi Mi4c: Sony IMX258 - 13MP, 4128 x 3096 pixels
Features
Phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash, geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR
4K video recording capable: No

Xiaomi Mi4: Sony IMX214 - 13MP, 4128 x 3096 pixels
Features
Autofocus, LED flash, check quality, 1/3 inch sensor size, 1.12µm pixel size, geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR
4K video recording capable: Yes

Xiaomi Mi4i: Sony IMX214 - 13MP, 4128 x 3096 pixels
Features
Autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash, check quality, geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR
4K video recording capable: No

It seems like Xiaomi Mi4 has the best camera sensor out of all them. Despite the fact that Mi4 and Mi4i have the same camera sensor, only the former can record 4K videos. And recording ultra HD videos at a steady 30FPS from a smartphone requires a lot of processing firepower; firepower that is clearly not present in Xiaomi Mi4i.
8.jpg

Battery capacities
Given below are the differences in battery capacities between all three handsets.
Xiaomi Mi4c: 3,080mAh battery
Xiaomi Mi4: 3,080mAh battery
Xiaomi Mi4i: 3,120mAh battery

The battery life of Xiaomi Mi4i is greater, however, it means almost same to me.
mi4_14__3_2.jpg

USB-C
USB-C port is the latest standard that is slowly being introduced into notebooks and smartphones for its obvious benefits and USB-C has a maximum data transfer rate of 10Gbps, which will be able to exceed the data transfer capabilities of even microUSB 3.0 ports. Except the USB-C, Xiaomi Mi4c also has Qualcomm's Quick Charge 2.0, which can be compatible with the smartphone, so you will have the added benefit of getting immediate battery life after charging your smartphone for a short period plus high data transfer speeds. In comparison, both Xiaomi Mi4 and Xiaomi Mi4i have a microUSB port, which as stated before, will never come close to the speeds delivered by USB-C.
xiaomi-mi4i-1.jpg

Wireless connectivity chips
Xiaomi Mi4c
Wi-Fi modem: 802.11ac
Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.1
LTE: Yes (Cat 4 = 150Mbps download speed/50 Mbps upload)
Infrared: Yes
NFC: No

Xiaomi Mi4
Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0
Infrared: Yes

Xiaomi Mi4i
Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0
Infrared: No
4c.jpg

To summarize, follows are all hardware differences between Xiaomi Mi4c, Xiaomi Mi4 and Xiaomi Mi4i
3specs.jpg

If our own decision was to be given concerning which smartphone we would end up purchasing, it would definitely be Xiaomi Mi4c. Also, Xiaomi Mi4c will be able to take better images compared to Xiaomi Mi4 and Xiaomi Mi4i, despite the fact that it does not possess the ability to capture 4K videos. It also has a Bluetooth 4.1 chip, which will come in handy when you want to transfer files from one smartphone to the other. Moreover, Xiaomi Mi4c has much better hardware than both of its predecessors.

Watch Xiaomi mi4 unboxing, antutu, GPS, Camera, battery review from 1949deal on Youtube
1949deal.gif

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts