Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
X10 MID Tablet PC 7 Inch WIFI Ebook Office 1080P GPS H.264 2GB HDMI Black
$179This has built in GPS, 2x1500=3000mAh lithium battery, 1080P HD HDMI video out and more...
http://www.pandawill.com/x10-mid-tablet-pc-7-inch-wifi-ebook-office-1080p-gps-h264-2gb-hdmi-black_p36536.htmlSad Story maybe with a happy ending...I got one of these... long story short... it's already a brick. My fault... went to fast. But this looks like it has some nice hardware for the price, the people who set it up with CE6 Embedded and a cheesy front end made it bad... nice hardware/bad OS/UI, but if someone with more knowledge/ability then me could make a ROM for this... CE/Linux/Android, I think it would really kick butt for the price.Here's some of what I know about it so far...The ARM architecture Wiki says...Family = ARMv6KZArchitecture Version = ARM1176JZ(F)-SCore = As ARM1136EJ(F)-SCache (I/D)/MMU = variable, MMU+TrustZoneIn application = Apple iPhone (original and 3G), Apple iPod touch (1st and 2nd Generation), Conexant CX2427X, Motorola RIZR Z8, Motorola RIZR Z10, NVIDIA GoForce 6100[23]; Telechips TCC9101, TCC9201, TCC8900, Fujitsu MB86H60, Samsung S3C6410 (e.g. Samsung Omnia II, Samsung Moment, SmartQ 5), S3C6430[24]The website blurb on Pandawill.com...7" TFT LCD touch screen, 800*480px14.6mm, ultra slim and stylish designTelechips 8901 720Mhz ARM 11 processor256MB DDR2 RAMBuilt-in 2GB NandFlashTF(MicroSD) card extend up to 32GBUSB OTG 2.0 & USB Host 1.1Built-in 3000mAh lithium battery for super-long standby, in-use time about 6 to 7 hrs Built-1080P HD HDMI video output interfaceBuilt-in WiFiHDMI PortOffice: Word, Excel, PowerPointLanguage: English, ChineseMicrosoft Windows CE 6.0 R3 operation systemHigh-tech of Flash UI supports easy, elegant and colorful sign to touch and control the interfaceFull-format 1080P HD video decoding play, supports MPEG1,MPEG2,WMV9, MPEG4-SP, ASF, DIVX, H.263, H.264, RMVB, Mov, Mkv, TS, FLVMusic format: WMA,MP3,WAV,OOG,AAC,EAACPicture format: JPG,GIF,BMP,PNGEmail and Flash digital magazine functionSupport Doc, PPT, Xls and more Office software and applicationsEmail functionSupport Adobe Flash 8 and below playSupport MSN, QQ and other online chat softwareSize: 187 x 115 x 15mmProduct weight: 359gPackage weight: 745gPackage including:1 x Charger1 x USB cable1 x Car Charger1 x Holder1 x Earphone1 x HDMI Cable (Gift)Other INFO I've gatheredTelechip TCC8901 RISC Multi-core microprocessorSimplified Technical SpecificationsType: TCC8901Manufacturer: TelechipYear Released: 2010CharacteristicsCPU Structure (complexity): RISCWidth of Machine Word: 32 bitInstruction SetSupported Instruction Set(s): ARMv6CPU Core: ARM1176JZF-SClock FrequenciesRecommanded Minimum Clock Frequency: 500 MHzRecommanded Maximum Clock Frequency: 800 MHzCachesLevel 1 cache: 16KiB data cache / 16 KiB instruction cacheTechnologySemiconductor Technology: CMOSContacts: 400 pinsSupply Voltage: 1.5 VAdditional DetailsSpecial Features: ARM946ES sub processor, 16 kbytes SRAM + 16 kbyte Boot ROM, ARM Mali200 2D/3D graphics accelerator (OpenGL ES 1.1 / 2.0, Open VG 1.1), VDS Transmitter, HDMI 1.3, Composite TV-Out (NTSC / PAL), USB 2.0 HS OTG, USB 1.1 HOST, EHI (External Host Interface), 6xUART, I2S Master & Slave Interface, SPDIF TX, SATA Host Interface, UDMA IDE Interface, NAND Flash Interface, TS Interface, I2C 2 Channels, GPSB (General Purpose Serial Bus) 6 Channels, SDIO, TSC (Resistive Touch Screen Controller), 12-bit ADC 8 ChannelRelated Page: http://csselectronic.com/telechips/tcc8900/ The TCC8900 is a system LSI for digital multimedia applications based on ARM1176JZF-S, an ARM?s proprietary RISC CPU core.It is designed for high-end multimedia entertainment devices such as car AVN, portable multimedia player and home entertainment. To enrich multimedia experience, multi-format video CODEC (JPEG / MPEG1 / MPEG2 / MPEG4 / H.264 / VC-1 / RV) and audio CODEC (MP3 / WMA / EAAC+ / AC3, etc) are also incorporated into software and hardware to bring vivid full HD (1080p) contents to life on various screens and digital TV through HDMI output .In addition, TCC8900 offers a hardwired 3D graphic accelerator (Mali200 from ARM) to enrich next generation GUI and other graphical applications.TCC8900 Chip featuresARM 1176JZF-S, CPU 500 MHz @ 1.2V (up to 800MHz @ 1.5V)TrustZoneTM security extensionsARM Jazelle technology65nm CMOS Process16KB Boot-ROM16KB Internal SRAMLVDS Transmitter, HDMI 1.3, Composite TV-Out (NTSC / PAL)USB 2.0 HS OTGUSB 1.1 HOSTEHI (External Host Interface)6xUARTI2S Master & Slave InterfaceSPDIF TXSATA Host InterfaceUDMA IDE InterfaceNAND Flash InterfaceTS InterfaceI2C 2 ChannelsGPSB (General Purpose Serial Bus) 6 ChannelsSDIOTSC (Resistive Touch Screen Controller)12-bit ADC 8 ChannelRTCTimersDMA Video Decoder (up to 1920?1080p)H.264, MPEG 1/2 , MPEG 4 , VC-1, Real Video 8/9/10, H.263Video Encoder (up to 1280?720p)H.263, MPEG 4, H.264Video Enhancement* Histogram Measurement* Analyze the Luminance Components* Multi-frames Average Mode* User-defined Pixel Segments Support* Contrast Enhancement* User-defined Scaling Segments* Multi-frames Average Mode* De-Interlacer* Motion-adaptive and Pixel-based Processing* Film-mode Detection* Simple Edge-oriented Mode* Advanced Spatial-Temporal Mode* Noise Reduction* Directional-Smoothing Filter* Temporal-Recursive Filter* Noise Estimation* Sharpness* Spatial High-pass FilterGraphic ProcessorOverlay Mixer3D / 2D Graphic Processor (ARM?s Mali200) : OpenGL ES 1.1 / 2.0, Open VG 1.1* Full OpenVG v1.1 Support* Lines, Squares, Triangles, Points* Vector Graphics* ROP 3/4* Arbitrary Rotation / Scaling* Alpha BlendingVideo InputCCIR601 / 656 input, Input Image Scaler (up to 4080?4080)Camera InterfaceUp to 12Mpixel Camera (YUV)Automotive (TCC8900i)AEC-Q100 & PPAPOperating SystemLinuxWinCEAndroidBroadcastingT-DMB, CMMB, DVB-H/T, DMB-TH, ISDB-T, SBTVD, ATSC-MHTarget ApplicationPVR, PMP, Portable Navigation, Car AV / AVN, JukeboxPackage400 Pin FBGA, 17?17mm2, 0.8 Ball Pitch

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
--> Gerben... from the research that I've done so far, it looks like this device could be loaded with WinCE, Linux or Android, but only WinCE driver for the GPS so far as I know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Then the device looks great. And the price is out. Anyone know of a forum that is devoted to closely project?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see these are still selling pretty good, even with all the problems... maybe that means we'll get some more action on these things soon, hopefully.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, but only on the TCC8902 version. The x10. is based on the TCC890 which does not have a graphics accelerator. It is a good gps navigator and movie player based on wince 6, but beyond that it is junk. I sold mine because android on this looks very unlikely to happen.

·
Registered
70 Posts
tipstir;30134 said:
Didn't DAWA say they're were going from CE to Android 2.1 in the D7?
Yes, but only on the TCC8902 version. The x10. is based on the TCC8901 which does not have a graphics accelerator. It is a good gps navigator and movie player based on wince 6, but beyond that it is junk. I sold mine because android on this looks very unlikely to happen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've actually found a couple sites that are taking pre-orders for this same device with Android, saying that it will be available at the end of this month (August 2010). So, even though my X10 is a brick right now, I'm hanging on to it a little longer to see what happens. With so many of the WinCE, GPS, with the bad GUI selling, I would expect them to come out with at least 1 improved firmware if not more. And, when you have some many of these devices being sold, (and then resold), those type of devices often end up being hacked into something cool. I still have my heavily hacked 3Comm Audreys (great!) and even a couple of the heavily hacked I-Openers... both living productive lives in their home automation and mp3 roles. Sometimes... the devices that don't make it, end up being very useful hacked devices.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am in the exact same boat as Jake, bought this device (ixsoon e6500/Pandawill X10) and bricked it in no time (less than 24hrs). Need someone with skills to get us up and running on Android (as I didn't like using the locked down/limited CE 'flash UI' that it came with)! As far as the 'same device with Android', from what I can tell they are not the same device at all, just in a similar shell. The droid ones have 3 or 4x buttons on the back, not two like the CE ones, and use a different motherboard (I think with tcc8902 too). I could be wrong, and hope I am as I would very much like to revive this US$150 brick.Anyway, with it running a Telechips CPU like some other Android devices, surely it wouldn't be impossible for someone to get Android running on it? (Although I admit I know NOTHING about these things)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Does anyone have Android 2.1 firmware for this model??? I need to change it.Please let me know,Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
[quote name='kuraichito;72068]Does anyone have Android 2.1 firmware for this model??? I need to change it.Please let me know' date='Thanks[/QUOTE'] Any luck on finding the Android firmware for 8901 720Mhz X10 MID?

·
Registered
784 Posts
I think one of the forums users managed to load android on this, but some parts did not work 100% properly. The 3D gpu is missing from this chip (MALI part), and there is no GPS module.This board was designed for automotive industry with some sort of WinCE on it and navigation. They did not intend to run Android on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think one of the forums users managed to load android on this, but some parts did not work 100% properly. The 3D gpu is missing from this chip (MALI part), and there is no GPS module.This board was designed for automotive industry with some sort of WinCE on it and navigation. They did not intend to run Android on it.
Hey,

Sorry to reopen this thread but is there any thread that posted previous experience or progress on android running on this thing? This custom GUI is killing me and don't even get me started on WinCE. I've had this thing for quite a while but it's just sitting there due to lack of capabilities, I'd really like to add some functionality through android if possible.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts