Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like more and more people are bricking their Ekens.There is a JTAG interface on the WM8505 which can probably be used to unbrick, noone knows if it is broken out anywhere in this design though.I would like to desolder the BGA from the daughterboard and buzz out the ball connections to the edge connector on the daughterboard. Then we will know for certain if there is any possibility of hooking up a JTAG interface.To do this requires a sacrificial CPU daughterboard (the one shown here under the 'CPU Board' heading.)Does anyone want to mail me one, for the greater good? All results will be posted online for the community to make use of.Daughterboard will not be returned (I'll probably destroy it desoldering the BGA.) You'll need to mail it to me in Australia, but if it's just the daughterboard then it should fit in the smallest available air mail package so it won't cost much to send.No promises that this will yield any useful result, but it will increase our overall knowledge of the device.If you have one, drop me a PM on the board. (No "Help me unbrick" PMs, please, that's what the forums are for.)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No :(In case I didn't make it clear above as well, I'll happily pay the air mail cost to get a daughterboard to me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have an entire v7 motherboard you can have. Bricked of course. Was going to part out the rest anyway and im sure nobody wants the board.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts