Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Docstogo Documents To Go - Use Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Other Files on your Smartphone or PDA works great on the PDN! This app is pretty good on my Hero, the only short side is the smaller screen. With the PDN's 7 inch screen its amazing!If you've bought the full license for DocstoGo and are using a 1.6 Android ID you probably won't be able to see it on the market, I wasn't able to.You have to pull 2 files from your actual android phone to get this to work. Download both the zip file (the license with the xml file in it) and the actual apk.1. Push the zip file to /data/app on the PDN2. install the apk to the PDN (/data/app)it should work (it works on mine!)Ok, modified instructions using the modded 08 firmware:Install the app on your android phone - pull com.dataviz.docstogoapp.apk from /data/app-private/ on your phonepull com.dataviz.docstogoapp from /data/app on your phonePush com.dataviz.docstogoapp.apk to the PDN's /data/app-private/push com.dataviz.docstogoapp to the PDN's /data/appreboot the PDN.Start the "Documents To Go full Version Key" app on your PDN - it will have a download now button, click it and it'll bring you to a dataviz webpage with a link to download the main app. do so...once installed you should have the full unlocked version of DocsToGo.Please pay for the app, its well worth it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I got it working on mine. Been using it on my Droid but now this opens up a lot of possibilities running it on my PDN. The couple of spreadsheets that I have aren't loading correctly, though, but the rest of it works great.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Yeah, I'm having spreadsheet ... issues ... as well. Haven't figured out a workaround yet but I'm unsure if it's the export translation from what I use to Excel format or the DTG app screwing up the cells. Got to play with it some more.UPDATE: Definitely squirrely with spreadsheets. Won't even read true Excel Sheets right without messing up the headers or repeating the contents of the first cell down the sheet. I thought maybe it was the export and/or save-as function of my files from the programs I use to create them that was the culprit, (Tried Numbers, Google Docs, AppleWorks, now even Excel for Mac) but it looks more and more like it's DTG - or a conspiracy that dates back to the Bill Gates/Steve Jobs feud.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
instructions uploaded. I reinstalled the 08 firmware and it wouldn't install again so I had to do it a little differently.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've purchased the full version at the special cost of 9.95.Unlocked etc and all 4 programs are available to me to use.How do I open an attachment to an email with this??Can't find anytype of user guide for instructions.Please advise if someone knows.Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts