Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've hacked the youtube application that was posted on the download site, but displayed HD video by default, so that it now always defaults to normal quality. I'm not sure if someone else has done this before, but it means that you no longer have to attach a mouse and right click on a video to view it. The quality of the videos is poor, but they do work!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi folks, I installed the high quality Youtube app from download section. I can hear sound and see first frame of video, but it doesnt flow. Audio is okay but video is stuck. The normal quality app wouldnt install. Mine is a EKEN M003 - no upgrade/mod performedAny help to get video running?

·
Registered
2 Posts
What version firmware are you running? I have standard build 1.7.2 and it seems to install OK. I removed the high quality version first, as I had the same issue with video freezing.The quality isn't great on normal, but hey a working youtube app! I guess you can always download the hi-def version of your favorite vids, and convert to 320x240 MP4 with Free Studio. Best quality I've seen on this device anyway.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Why the HD version doesn't work: my guess would be the slow/weak processor and the lack of DSP. It just can't decode fast enough. It's like the worse case of stutter ever - it gives you the first frame and then bags. After that you get only audio.

·
Registered
832 Posts
androidmr2;9002 said:
What message to you get when you try to uninstall it? Are you using a custom firmware?Have you tried the XUninstaller application that's in the downloads section?
I am running ECO's latest (3.6.7.3.6.1) and have the same issue. I posted the same in ECO's thread because it's more of an issue with the ROM.It simply states "this app could not be uninstalled"EDIT: I tried Xuninstaller and it says the same thing

·
Registered
1 Posts
[quote name='ferah11;8853]I'm trying to install this version but I can't uninstall the old youtube' date=' somebody know how?[/QUOTE'] open a terminal, become root(su), then type "rm /system/app/YouTube.apk", and it's uninstalled. now copy over the new one by typeing "cp /sdcard/path/to/app/youtube-low.apk /system/app", and you're done. (at least it worked for me)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.