Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've been doing a lot of research to find out which bluetooth, 3G and GPS dongles will work with my HT-Pad 1051, and I thought it would be nice to have a single thread where people listed their experiences with USB devices on this tablet, working or not.

If we could keep the replies to a short description of the model/version of USB device, as well as the firmware in use and any identifying features of your tablet, that would be great. This way, we can hopefully provide a quick reference, or at least help someone who is trying to make a decision on trying out a device or not.

I'll start: I'm typing this on a generic corded USB keyboard attached to my tiangfeng Gpad GEForce clone via the dongle it came with. Mine is the 2-speaker version that came with a 4-gig internal memory card, in a box with "anyPC" on the back, and not many other identifying features. I'm on the new 2.3 firmware, HT_PAD1051_V2.3U1GuCoTu-RC1, rooted and posted by fastguy over at XDA. I'll try a USB stick or two later tonite.

·
Super Moderator
3,224 Posts
SB Keyboards and Mouse's just works well on the Tianfeng device.
I also was try a 10 port USB hub which was working with u to 5 devices t the same time:
  1. Keyboard
  2. Mouse
  3. Graphic Tablet (Wacom)
  4. self powered HDD 120 GB
  5. USB Stick

My GPS, Bluetoth and 3G Sierra Modem didn't worked.

·
Super Moderator
3,224 Posts
All single modules. 3G is Sierra Compass, the GPS is a ND-100 and Bluetooth are several (all didn't working)!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 3g data work on and off but i can't call out at all. Bluetooth work but won't connect to others.

Singularity v5 rom and can't make call or sms.

Anyone on it can do either?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,224 Posts
My 3g data work on and off but i can't call out at all. Bluetooth work but won't connect to others.

Singularity v5 rom and can't make call or sms.

Anyone on it can do either?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
So, that simply mean: they didn't work!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I tried my BT dongle on the tablet, I guess it was on Singularity V5, and it worked.
The dongle is a cambridge silicon radio...one of these nail-size $2 dongles.

·
Registered
32 Posts
According to riogrande75 over at xda, the huawei dongle (E169) works well for 3G under the new 2.3 firmware, but needs to be disconnected/reconnected if the tablet is allowed to fall asleep with the dongle present.

Edit: I don't know whether that functionality extends to making calls, I think it likely that most that are using 3G sticks are using them for internet access only...I'd consider it a win if I could use the mobile data, whether or not that extended to making calls.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got a HT Pad1051_v1.6U2GuTijWL_Final Release Keys.
It has bluetooth - that doesn't work, but when I opened it I spot a connected open bluetooth slot on the motherboard with nothing connected.
It also has a sim card slot (also connected to the board) with an open 3g slot on the motherboard with nothing in it.
Can anybody tell me if one can get the modules on the market to plug in to these available slots. BTW On my screen are 2 stickers, one says 3G and the other 8G (which I have now changed to a 16GB C10).
I also have great difficulty in getting my Win7 64bit Laptop recognizing the tablet. I only get as far as to install it as a "Freescale i.mx51 BulkIO" device, but then get the message: "The driver can not start (code10)"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts