Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Working FlashLite (version 9 not 10) for Coby 7015 tablet:

Hello,

Had this working ok on my HSG X5A-G but with a few added libs it does pretty good on the Coby 7015. Please only do this if you have some experience and use Root Explorer or know what to do in Terminal or adb. This may not work for you but it does work if you follow these instructions:

1) Download all needed files here: http://www.mediafire.com/?0xdwq6fae45b3cq

2) Extract the 5 files (2 apps and 3 libs) and transfer them to your tablet however you see fit

3) Use Root Explorer to move all 3 lib files to /system/lib then change each of them to reflect the permissions of RW-,R--,R-- (they must match all the other lib files)

4) Install both apps normally using any file explorer or installation apps

5) REBOOT YOUR TABLET!

Open your browser (stock application) and start surfing the net. Do not attempt to go to a flash site immediatly. After you have browsed a few pages you can go to a site like: "Show My Flash Player Version" and it should return a version of AFL 9,1,122,0 (FlashLite version 9). If it returns this you are set and can start browsing flash sites. I have not had more than a few minutes of testing and I seem to remember there were several sites that do not work since it is FlashLite but it is a start. One of my favorit flash test sites is: "Muffin Films by Amy Winfrey" , I am not sure why but the short films are funny. If your tablet lags, give it some time to adjust to the new plugin. For some reason the first few times you use flash it takes longer to load and run. No you can't use Hulu or HBO but there are lots of flash sites out there other than these two.

My wife and I just brought home our first child from the hospital on Saturday so my time is hit or miss. I will try to help as much as possible but if you just follow the instructions listed above you are golden. FlashLite runs very well on the Coby tablet but if you are using any CPU software make sure your min speed is not lower than 500 and of course your max is not above 720 because Telechips refuses to release enough sources to compile a kernel. I gave up on that a long time ago... Also a cache cleaner is a good idea to have.

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Working FlashLite (version 9 not 10) for Coby 7015 tablet:

Hello,

Had this working ok on my HSG X5A-G but with a few added libs it does pretty good on the Coby 7015. Please only do this if you have some experience and use Root Explorer or know what to do in Terminal or adb. This may not work for you but it does work if you follow these instructions:

1) Download all needed files here: http://www.mediafire.com/?0xdwq6fae45b3cq

2) Extract the 5 files (2 apps and 3 libs) and transfer them to your tablet however you see fit

3) Use Root Explorer to move all 3 lib files to /system/lib then change each of them to reflect the permissions of RW-,R--,R-- (they must match all the other lib files)

4) Install both apps normally using any file explorer or installation apps

5) REBOOT YOUR TABLET!

Open your browser (stock application) and start surfing the net. Do not attempt to go to a flash site immediatly. After you have browsed a few pages you can go to a site like: "Show My Flash Player Version" and it should return a version of AFL 9,1,122,0 (FlashLite version 9). If it returns this you are set and can start browsing flash sites. I have not had more than a few minutes of testing and I seem to remember there were several sites that do not work since it is FlashLite but it is a start. One of my favorit flash test sites is: "Muffin Films by Amy Winfrey" , I am not sure why but the short films are funny. If your tablet lags, give it some time to adjust to the new plugin. For some reason the first few times you use flash it takes longer to load and run. No you can't use Hulu or HBO but there are lots of flash sites out there other than these two.

My wife and I just brought home our first child from the hospital on Saturday so my time is hit or miss. I will try to help as much as possible but if you just follow the instructions listed above you are golden. FlashLite runs very well on the Coby tablet but if you are using any CPU software make sure your min speed is not lower than 500 and of course your max is not above 720 because Telechips refuses to release enough sources to compile a kernel. I gave up on that a long time ago... Also a cache cleaner is a good idea to have.

Cheers
PERFECT!!!! works great! Thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! My wife and I are much older than the average new parents so we are just tickled to have him join us.

Sent from my MID7015 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey guys I have tried to do this process on my MID7012 quite a few times. I still just get the little blue lego telling me flash is not functioning. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey guys I have tried to do this process on my MID7012 quite a few times. I still just get the little blue lego telling me flash is not functioning. Any other ideas?
Hello,

This is quite an old thread, I am not even working with the Telechips tablets anymore so I am not familiar with your newer tablet. My first guess is that you may not be getting the permissions set correctly. You need to either be familiar with adb or have an apk such as Root Explorer to be able to change permissions. If the instructions above are not working for your tablet I am not sure what else can be done.

Sorry
OP

·
Registered
2 Posts
Holy [email protected] I have full flash working on MID7012

ok I am so tired right now hopefully I make sense. I have installed so many versions on this tablet im surprised im not blind. I tried rooting the tablet and adding the Flash lite files. I tried install the ARM6 tweaked version of Flash, nothing worked. I stumbled on this web browser that I had never heard of before. After installing it I noticed it had specific options in the settings for invoking flash so I said WTH. Well when I browse with the browser all Flash sites and games work. Adobes site says im running flash 10.3.xxxx and even the Disney Channel TV web site which is laden with Flash runs perfectly as do the videos and audio there. Im not taking credit for doing anything special but something this browser is doing seems to solve the Flash access problem so I thought I would share my good fortune.

Puffin Web Browser

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for that tip! I just picked this up (MID7012) for my kids and would like to give them slightly better browsing with Flash.
I am still very new to all of this and not sure how deeply I will delve into rooting it other neat tricks... yet.
Since these were on sale at TRU, I'll bet there will be a few more people looking for tips and tricks with this particular tablet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts