Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see any suggestions for getting Flash working on SztupY's excellent 4.03 ROM, so I thought I'd post how I finally got it working on my P76ti this weekend. Root is required.

Installing Adobe Flashplayer

1) - Download & install the latest Adobe Flashplayer from Market or Google Play
2) - Set up using the Adobe web page will hang in the browser when you click on the Flashplayer icon. Don't worry.
3) - Download & install Root Explorer if you don't already have it.
4) - Using Root Explorer, navigate to "/data/app" and copy "com.adobe.flashplayer.apk" (long press on the file name to get the edit menu)
5) - Without leaving Root Explorer, navigate up to the "/" directory then to "/system/app" and after selecting "Mount R/W", paste the apk file you copied into this directory.

Enable Stagefright
This requires modifying the build.prop file. Note that if you use SztupY's Allwinner app it may overwrite the modified file unless you modify the build.prop file in the Allwinner app.

1) - Navigate to "/system" and rename your "build.prop" file to something like "build.prop.old". It may also be a good idea to copy it to another directory or the SD card.
2) - Download the attached "build.prop.txt" file View attachment build.prop.txt , copy it to the "/system" directory and rename it to "build.prop" OR add the lines below to your existing build.prop file.
3) - Restart the Teclast P76ti and visit http://adobe.com/flash to verify it works.

Here are the lines I added to my build.prop file. If you want to try this technique on a tablet other than the P76ti with SzytupY's ROM, add these lines to your existing build.prop file instead of using my build.prop file.

Code:
<br />
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit<br />
video.accelerate.hw=1<br />
media.stagefright.enable-meta=true<br />
media.stagefright.enable-scan=true<br />
media.stagefright.enable-http=true<br />
media.stagefright.enable-player=true<br />
As always, a backup is recommended in case something goes wrong.

Flash worked with the stock Android browser, Dolphin HD, and Opera but did not work in Firefox Beta. Be patient -- Flash videos can take a while to load. I am now able to access some radio stations on Tunein that wouldn't play without Flash. I have not tested it on games.

I'm not sure all of these steps are necessary. Copying the Flashplayer APK to system/app may not be necessary. I'll update this posting after I've had a chance to do some more tests.

Let me know how it works for you!

...Doug

Attachments

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Anyone got someway to get Netflix working?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts