Android Tablets Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
To those who tried GPS via USB: does turn by turn navigation work without flaws (delays etc?)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tested it yesterday with my "Belkin F8T1602" and worked like a charm. My mini-dongle from dealextreme did not work.
Hi Guys,

I tried the Belkin mini bluetooth adapter/dongle F8T016 in my tablet (2.2 android and went to wireless->bluetooth (turn on ) but no response(gray-out)no check mark..noticed that the mouse cursor was activated/seen it in screen...I beleived it will work in BT mouse. Also tried the generic bluetooth mini dongles but no succsess..

is there away activating it in 2.2 or do i really have to upgrade the tablet to 2.3? Thanks!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Only 2.3. have the necessary services.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all.

I got some problems connecting to 3g network using a huawei e161.. it is recognized correct and acting normal. But cant get a proper connection. I ve checked provider/apn trice... but wont connect. Gewebe led Oa constantly lighted, normal for a connect. Got an ip, but no Internet...

Is this stick working at all? Someone Got it working?

Thx defcom

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, i have an haipad m7 (it's the same as the herotab c8) and i've bought an e173s-2 huawei internet key.
I'm a newby with android and i do not sincerely know how make it work! I've disabled cdrom and usb storage from a windows
Desktop but when i insert it into the tablet's usb host port dmesg says nothing, just something about he's sensing it. Please help! (I'm from Rome).
Hi,
same i live to Rome,
i've bought haipad m7 android 2.3 yesterday, have you resolved the problem with 3g dongle E173?
From Rome

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hi All

apologies if thi has been mentioned before here but I am flying out to the US later today so in a little bit of a rush!

I have a E156G with a 3 network simcard (preloaded with 3GB worth data) on the three.co.uk network in the UK. It has international roaming access enabled and I want to use it in New York and Boston mainly. So with my Haipad M7 running Gingerbread 2.3 Phoenixmod firmware (727) , are the APN settings still: three.co.uk with no password or username?

I've tried searching for USA APN setting for this dongle and Simcard on Google but there is nothing.

Any one have any ideas|

Thanks, and again sorry if this has been mentioned - I have had a quick look

cheers

Dan

·
Banned
1,054 Posts
trust USB Bluetooth dongle doesn't work at all on 2.3 with the Bluetooth. ko files in anyone know anyway to get it working?

trust dongle needed third party drivers so I used a plug and play Bluetooth walker bw - ud01 worked first time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi All

apologies if thi has been mentioned before here but I am flying out to the US later today so in a little bit of a rush!

I have a E156G with a 3 network simcard (preloaded with 3GB worth data) on the three.co.uk network in the UK. It has international roaming access enabled and I want to use it in New York and Boston mainly. So with my Haipad M7 running Gingerbread 2.3 Phoenixmod firmware (727) , are the APN settings still: three.co.uk with no password or username?

I've tried searching for USA APN setting for this dongle and Simcard on Google but there is nothing.

Any one have any ideas|

Thanks, and again sorry if this has been mentioned - I have had a quick look

cheers

Dan
Normally the included data is only when you are in the same country that you bought it in. My guess is the data will cost £5-10 per megabyte!
A prepaid sim would be cheaper (bought in the us)

·
Registered
1 Posts
HUAWEI E1552 works like a charms on android 2.3.1

Just put the dongle on PC , remove the check for the code pin and that's all

·
Registered
134 Posts
Anyone pls suggest a USB GPS+3g dongle/datacard/modem (huawei or zte ones are preferred as they are reasonable priced in the market) generally compatible with Chinese tablets (especially herotab c8).

I have been looking at the specs of such dongles of huawei and zte but most of them I come across are 3g (only) dongles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did anybody try using the bluetooth keyboard with the A816? I am being able to pair the motorola bluetooth keyboard with the A816 (on 2.3), but it doesn't connect. Is there anything else i have to do?

61 - 77 of 77 Posts