Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello.

I've tried several mass storage dongles, all of them worked properly; tried a logitech mouse/kbd RF receiver and works fine too. Nevertheless, when it comes to 3G/BT/GPS, is a different history, I've got not success in any case.
These are the dongles I tested not working:
-Alcatel 3G X060S
-Trust Bluetonium BCM2035
-CSR BlueTooth Radio
-Garmin ForeRunner pulsometer (with the appropriated driver, it works on my laptop as a GPS receiver).

I think it would be very interesting to post here about any 3G/BT/GPS dongles tested working because, probably, there won't be many of them.

Regards.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Not sure how we should be using those - Mine doesn't work either, It's a GSM ZTF MF636U 3G USB dongle.
The 3G Network application they provided on the firmware only does CDMA, it seems.

·
Registered
40 Posts
a bt reciever would be nice as i just orderd a Datel wireless retro controller to play me some emu's, but since it seems hard to get the working drivers i'll just hang on to it and try to use it with my coming LG optimus 2x

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi LukC.
Thanks for testing. It's great news, now i'll rid of my alcatel x060s which, unfortunately, doesn't works and get one of these E173.
No problem. it also should work with: E220, E1750, E156G, E160, E1820, E1550, E169

·
Registered
113 Posts
One more thing: DO NOT remove the dongle with the device turned on. I did that and it crashed, and I had to reinstall almost all of my aps, because they wouldn't work anymore!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ok, just tried my Huawei E1550 and it works like a charm. Plug & Play. Only needed to enter APN & username and now I'm writing this post from my C8 over 3G. Awesome!

Also unplugging the stick while the tablet is turned on did not cause any trouble. Tried this a couple of times and it worked without a glitch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Comcast 3G/4G that I'd like to use with my C8, is it possible? Says it's a model CMU-301 Qualcomm 3G CDMA. It seems to be a bit different than the others you folks are using? Would be great to get it working for Corp e-mail and the like while traveling....

TIA

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok, just tried my Huawei E1550 and it works like a charm. Plug & Play. Only needed to enter APN & username and now I'm writing this post from my C8 over 3G. Awesome!

Also unplugging the stick while the tablet is turned on did not cause any trouble. Tried this a couple of times and it worked without a glitch.
Great news that this device works with 3g dongle!
In which country are you using it?
I hope it works in Korea tooo

Sent from my MID_Serails using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
HI,
i got an Huawei E1750 (which works perfectly)
but first i tried a ZTE K 3565-z which dint work.

Has anybody news about a Bluetooth dongle?

Flo

·
Registered
50 Posts
UMTS/3G Dongles that didn't work:
ZTE MF190 HSUPA USB Stick (Clean Firmware), Dongle just keeps red Led no matter what is chosed as modem. And tablet crashes after some time.

UMTS/3G Dongles that worked:

ZTE MF110 HSUPA USB Stick, i could connect to 3G service and surf but the connection was unstable and crashed all the time ( no its not the sticks fault as laptop tested on same location )
just use: ZTE MF637U as modem setting and change the apn to whatever you need!

·
Registered
6 Posts

Hello! Could you please explain me exactly what settings you have made to the G3 options, so that the Android recognized Huwai E1550 and dials into the Internet? Thx!

·
Registered
227 Posts
i can confirm, for CDMA EVDO network, ZTE AC2726/2726i USB dongles works fine.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts