Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello.

I've tried several mass storage dongles, all of them worked properly; tried a logitech mouse/kbd RF receiver and works fine too. Nevertheless, when it comes to 3G/BT/GPS, is a different history, I've got not success in any case.
These are the dongles I tested not working:
-Alcatel 3G X060S
-Trust Bluetonium BCM2035
-CSR BlueTooth Radio
-Garmin ForeRunner pulsometer (with the appropriated driver, it works on my laptop as a GPS receiver).

I think it would be very interesting to post here about any 3G/BT/GPS dongles tested working because, probably, there won't be many of them.

Regards.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Not sure how we should be using those - Mine doesn't work either, It's a GSM ZTF MF636U 3G USB dongle.
The 3G Network application they provided on the firmware only does CDMA, it seems.

·
Registered
113 Posts
One more thing: DO NOT remove the dongle with the device turned on. I did that and it crashed, and I had to reinstall almost all of my aps, because they wouldn't work anymore!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ok, just tried my Huawei E1550 and it works like a charm. Plug & Play. Only needed to enter APN & username and now I'm writing this post from my C8 over 3G. Awesome!

Also unplugging the stick while the tablet is turned on did not cause any trouble. Tried this a couple of times and it worked without a glitch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Comcast 3G/4G that I'd like to use with my C8, is it possible? Says it's a model CMU-301 Qualcomm 3G CDMA. It seems to be a bit different than the others you folks are using? Would be great to get it working for Corp e-mail and the like while traveling....

TIA

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok, just tried my Huawei E1550 and it works like a charm. Plug & Play. Only needed to enter APN & username and now I'm writing this post from my C8 over 3G. Awesome!

Also unplugging the stick while the tablet is turned on did not cause any trouble. Tried this a couple of times and it worked without a glitch.
Great news that this device works with 3g dongle!
In which country are you using it?
I hope it works in Korea tooo

Sent from my MID_Serails using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
UMTS/3G Dongles that didn't work:
ZTE MF190 HSUPA USB Stick (Clean Firmware), Dongle just keeps red Led no matter what is chosed as modem. And tablet crashes after some time.

UMTS/3G Dongles that worked:

ZTE MF110 HSUPA USB Stick, i could connect to 3G service and surf but the connection was unstable and crashed all the time ( no its not the sticks fault as laptop tested on same location )
just use: ZTE MF637U as modem setting and change the apn to whatever you need!

·
Registered
6 Posts

Hello! Could you please explain me exactly what settings you have made to the G3 options, so that the Android recognized Huwai E1550 and dials into the Internet? Thx!

·
Registered
227 Posts
i can confirm, for CDMA EVDO network, ZTE AC2726/2726i USB dongles works fine.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.