Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
********Stop the press****** The answer on how to load books onto the apad is on the last post****There is a nice idea half way down from a great guy that gave another alternative by loading swiFTP onto your apad. Please Read on.....I have been messing aroud with reading ebooks on the zt-180 Lets face it it is one of the main reasons that most of us have one of these.- first of all my observations that were my stumbling blocks.1 / Kindle does not work with all its features on firmeware 0806. I upgraded to 0827 and reinstalled Kindle and when you tap in the middle of the screen it brings up settings and for the first time I could see a option to change screen brightness and to change the text to White on Black background.2 / Aldiko I cannot find anywhere to click on the screen to bring up the settings. This is a nice touch in Kindle so you can see how far you are through the book. The rocker switch does however bring up the settings but I could not find this mentioned anywhere in the manual. As to my problem connecting my computer to my apad for syncing books...It is ok to pull out the memory card and plug it into the computer to copy accross books but it is a pain in the arse. I have not bothered to look for a way of safely removing and reinserting the card from the card without restarting the apad to see the card with the changes.My computer is windows 7 32 bitI have installed Calibre, turned on the content server.Tried port 8080 (the default and when this didnt work tried the suggestion to change the port to higher than 1024 so changed my port to 1030)Turned off antivirus and firewalls. just in case made sure that both of them, zone alarm and windows allowed connections from calibre to local connectionsStopped the server, started the server, restarted windows. started the server again with port 1030My internal settings according to ipconfig are ... IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2Now from the Wordpress and apad settingsapad firmware 0827 with marketplace working(turned wifi on)Wordplayer says to enter ip address and to not enter it as http://etcso I tried 192.168.1.2 - It connects but cannot find content so originally I have tried Calibre's instructions are to type into wordexpress http://192.168.1.2:8080so I tried the above and then when I changed the port I also tried http://192.168.1.2:1030I have also tried 192.168.1.2:1030Every time I get Calibre Server not foundI would love any suggestions pleaseCalibre version is the latest and wordpress 3 is the latest from marketplaceI have tried googling this but to no avail. I think I must be using the wrong ip address but all the instructions do say to use internal ip address. I have not seen ip4 written in config. Kind RegardsWayne

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not Exactly what you are trying to achieve here I guess, but I am doing following:At Tablet side: I use 'swiFTP' to access SDCard from PC via wifi. In Calibre side: it now supports 'Connect To Folder as Device' option. So, I just send the eBooks (ePubs) to a defined folder. To get the files to Tablet from the folder, I run a bat script which transfers all the ePubs to '/sdcard/eBook/import' folder and then cleans the folder.In ePAD side then I start 'Aldiko' and import books.It's not a workflow that might seem convenient, but it works for me. Specially because I use Calibre a lot for downloading news and converting the bat to windows scheduled task that run every morning made my 3 hours commuting every day lot easier.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mogrith Thanks for checking and Tokyobreeze this is a good work around.This is a 2 step process that is quite appealing. It will help achieve my goal some what. and for copying across other files as well.I will still like to know why calibre and wordpress are not talking to one another.Has anyone gotten this to work on older versions of the software maybe?Yet again thank you Mogrith and Tokyo

·
Registered
131 Posts
greenwaynegreen;50190]I have been messing aroud with reading ebooks on the zt-180 Lets face it it is one of the main reasons that most of us have one of these.- first of all my observations that were my stumbling blocks.1 / Kindle does not work with all its features on firmeware 0806. I upgraded to 0827 and reinstalled Kindle and when you tap in the middle of the screen it brings up settings and for the first time I could see a option to change screen brightness and to change the text to White on Black background.2 / Aldiko I cannot find anywhere to click on the screen to bring up the settings. This is a nice touch in Kindle so you can see how far you are through the book. The rocker switch does however bring up the settings but I could not find this mentioned anywhere in the manual. As to my problem connecting my computer to my apad for syncing books...It is ok to pull out the memory card and plug it into the computer to copy accross books but it is a pain in the arse. I have not bothered to look for a way of safely removing and reinserting the card from the card without restarting the apad to see the card with the changes.My computer is windows 7 32 bitI have installed Calibre said:
http://etc[/url]so I tried 192.168.1.2 - It connects but cannot find content so originally I have tried Calibre's instructions are to type into wordexpress http://192.168.1.2:8080so I tried the above and then when I changed the port I also tried http://192.168.1.2:1030I have also tried 192.168.1.2:1030Every time I get Calibre Server not foundI would love any suggestions pleaseCalibre version is the latest and wordpress 3 is the latest from marketplaceI have tried googling this but to no avail. I think I must be using the wrong ip address but all the instructions do say to use internal ip address. I have not seen ip4 written in config. Kind RegardsWayne
I use aldiko if you press the left rocker button on the top it brings up settings. You need to put books you want to import into aldiko by putting into a folder called eBooksimport on your sd card and it will import it into your bookshelf. You can disconnect the SD card safely by going into settings under the SD/Storage there is an option to remove SD card.In order to connect via wireless you can use the adb tool check out other threads, you need to install it then you can push files onto your pad directly. The port to connect to the apad is 5555 not sure how you are trying to connect to using calibre etc. Are you trying to connect from your pad to your machine?You could also use swftp which I use to setup a ftp server on your pad then you can ftp into your pad and put files onto your sd card etc without removing your sd card.

·
Registered
11 Posts
***********STOP THE PRESS***** HERE IS THE GOSS*******HERE IS HOW TO SET THE BUGGERS UPInstall Calibre (latest version 0.7.16)Go to Preferences (cogs icon on right hand side)Go to Conntent server- change server port to 8080- remove username (only if you have a problem)- click start server- click ok turn on your wireless conenection on your zt-180open a dos window (start run cmd)Type in ipconfigEthernet adapter Local Area Connection:IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2 (your local address may be different this is just mine)(or it will say local addres ....192.168.1.2save this address to memory and close dos windowto test that the server is working on your apad open up a browserIn the url bar type... http://192.168.1.2:8080where the ip address 192.168.1.2 is as it is from the ipconfig command and 8080 is the server port number in calibreIt should come up with the library from your computerWE WILL COME TO WORDPLAYER LATERInstall Adiko-go to download books-click on the left hand side of your rocker button at the top of your apad this will bring up custom catalogs-Add a Catalog- Title = whatever you want - - URL is the same as what worked in your browser, in my case http://192.168.1.2:8080/- Description = whatever you wantclick oknow you will have a catalog called by the title name to edit this new catalog, click/hold the name of the catalog for 3 seconds, it will come up with edit or deletenow if you click on custom catalog it will show your compters calibre content serverclick on any epub book and it will downloadgo back to your adiko home page and click on bookshelf and it should be thereNOW TO WORDPLAYERCalibre makes no mention of how to connect to Aldiko and only mentions Wordplayer as thier supported Android applicationTo get Word player to work you need to go back to a earlier version of Calibre Browse calibre Files on SourceForge.netThe Maker of WordPlayer seems to have gone MIA. His web site is up but he is not responding to any emails it seems. He might just be on holidays.As I have Aldiko working I have not checked out the setting but they would have to be similar to Aldikos above.This took way too long to figure out and I was googling and reading help files every where. I just assumed that the problem was mine and that with a little perserverence I could get it to work. I can it seems if I am willing to down grade Calibre. Thanks for all your help!!!I still will load the swiFTP as that sounds like a great way to get packages on and off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.