Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
If none of the above work for you and tablet will not power on, then you have full brick and will have to short out pins on the ROM chip to get your tablet detected by your x86 computer.
1 -3 i've tried, did not work

reflashing is not possible windows says unknown usb device and accepted no drivers testet on XP and Windows 7, i have also tried android debug bridge and no device found.

seems like a full brick
Do you know which pins i have to bridge?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
seems like a full brick
Do you know which pins i have to bridge?
Yes, sounds like full brick. Sorry I do not know which pins. You should try to private message person that wrote post for Teclast to maybe help you out. At least he will tell you what those pins are for.

You can also try looking up the Teclast ROM chip specs to see what those pins are used for. Then check what ROM chip is used in i7 and look up specs for that chip to find the right pins to short.

I think the ROM chip maybe under the heat shield or even on the flip side of the board. Will not be any fun trying to get to the ROM chip to short out the pins. Good luck with it.

PS, if you can get the i7 to power on, then it would be semi-bricked and you could reflash without any trouble but with no power (black screen) you have full brick and only way to reflash is to mess around with the ROM chip.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, sounds like full brick. Sorry I do not know which pins. You should try to private message person that wrote post for Teclast to maybe help you out. At least he will tell you what those pins are for.

You can also try looking up the Teclast ROM chip specs to see what those pins are used for. Then check what ROM chip is used in i7 and look up specs for that chip to find the right pins to short.
Thanks a lot, I'll try it and give feedback

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a similar problem with mine - the reason for this in my case is low charge. So try to plug it in and see what happens (problem might be in the charger).
Now ok, i reflash it with nologo fireware, wifi OK, but touch are mirrored, what i do now?

EDIT:
I will try this http://www.wopadusa.com/support/our-android-tablets-group6/wopad-i7-forum5/firmware-for-wopad-i7-cn105207-no-wopad-logo-at-the-back-fixed-wifi-error-and-mirrored-touch-screen-thread30/

After test i post results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also tried Roman's modded ROM and the wopadusa posted firmware but neither will bring back the Wifi function .... although both ROM got the touch screen and everything working fine.
now looking for someone to post their ROM from the factory... would greatly appreciate if someone can kindly post it...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also tried the SDK 2.1 version firmware patch for no logo wopad i7 .... wifi can work under this version but then got a left-right flipped touch screen....

anyone can point me how can I patch wifi driver into the kernel or system somehow?

Thanks a lot guys

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I had a Wopad I7 that I just recently purchased direct from China. My wopad i7 is the one that doesnt have logo at the back. This is the model: 7 inch Android 2.3 5-Point Capacitive Touchscreen RK2918 Wopad I7 1.2GHz DDR3 512MB/4GB MID HDMI 1080P (CN105207)...
After using it for a few days, wifi broke. "Wifi - Error".
After several hard reset, I was able to get the wifi working again. Then next day bigger problem, I got "android acore process has stopped working". Able to find my way to do a soft reset, and had it working but the next day, the error appeared again. Em so pissed immediately contact my supplier from China, asking to return the piece of [email protected]#?t and refund me...Supplier then convinced that they will try to fix this by sending me the new firmware before going with return option. They asked me to give them a week to get a new firmware from the manufacturer. And so I agreed...While waiting, I decided to search firmware for wopadi7 over internet and do some reflash myself. I have tried several firmware and they have different results. See below:

1.) Pandawill's firmware for Wopad i7 >>> http://www.pandawillforum.com/showthread.php?5457-Firmware-for-RK2918-Wopad-i7
RESULT: Installed perfectly but WIFI doesnt work, WIFI - Error, Flashed it like several times but same result.

2.) Topnotchtablets.com firmware for wopad i7 >>> http://topnotchtablets.com/Wopadi7-Firmware
RESULT: Installed perfectly but WIFI doesnt work, WIFI - Error, Flashed it like several times but same result.
Note: This ZIP came with step by step instructions in flashing your device...I think wrote down by Roman(topnotchtablets.com)...Kudos to you man!!!

3.) Wopadusa.com firmware for wopad i7 >>> http://www.wopadusa.com/support/our-android-tablets-group6/wopad-i7-forum5/wopad-i7-firmware-and-flashing-instruction-thread14/

4.) Wopadusa.com firmware for wopad i7 - This is suggest that its for Wopad I7 that doesnt have "logo" at the back (This is exactly like mine)

Take note also that this uses RK29xxLoader(L)_V2.08.bin loader...whereas before I used RK29xxLoader(L)_DDR3_400Mhz_V1.64.bin loader from previous firmwares >>> http://www.wopadusa.com/support/our-android-tablets-group6/wopad-i7-forum5/wopad-i7-wifi-problem-after-firmware-update-thread19/
RESULT: Installed perfectly, WIFI - working!!!...woot woot...but it had a catch...and its worst than wifi problem...It got "Mirrored touch screen" problem...=( =( ... What is mirrored touch screen??? Well, you press on the left and it presses the right...you press right and it presses left...search youtube, some guy uploaded already the video of mirrored touchscreen problem...

5.) Pandawill's firmware for R7 tablet - Well, wonderin why flash it with different model tablet...but R7 and wopad i7 are cloned, both are RK2918 and physically the same...thats according to the thread I read, plus Im getting desperate for a solution!!! And so I tried it as well...

>>> http://www.pandawillforum.com/showthread.php?6993-Firmware-for-android-2.3-R7-tablet-%28Nov.-1st%29&p=41341#post41341
RESULT: Wifi - error and mirrored touch screen problem ... WOW its gettin better and better...!

6.) Tried also N12, MOMO, etc firmware and bunch of other RK2918 firmwares(getting more desperate!!!)...RESULT is either WIFI -ERROR, or mirrored touchscreen or BOTH problems at same time! >>>> http://www.pandawillforum.com/showthread.php?5515-Collection-of-Firmware-for-the-Tablets

Then after a week of desperation and gettin pissed, my supplier contacted me. my supplier sent me the new firmware for Wopad i7. He says that this firmware is now fixed and that manufacturer found a problem and got it fixed...Ofcourse doubtful if its true...but then give it a shot.
RESULT: Installed perfectly...Wifi Working! touchscreen is Fixed...back to normal...This is their base firmware, not rooted...So here it is >>>> www.megaupload.com/?d=1OXU4OQN

NOTE:
Take note also that this also uses RK29xxLoader(L)_V2.08.bin loader...whereas before I used RK29xxLoader(L)_DDR3_400Mhz_V1.64.bin loader from previous firmwares...so what I did is use RKAndroidtool.exe and click "....." one by one and just browse the corresponding loader and image files from rockdev folder...I just followed instructions layed out by Roman(topnotchtablets.com) from link#2 above.
This firmware worked for me and I cannot guarantee that it will work with your device...My device is Wopad i7 (CN105207)
I wrote this because I know alot are having same issues with their Wopad i7 and I can understand how frustrating it is. And I know this will help atleast someone in the process.
The original flash is not present! Problem WI-FI is not solved.

How to get access to a network?

Access to a network only through 3G. Actions. We load original firmware WOPAD I7 "http://www.wopadusa.com/support/our-android-tablets-group6/wopad-i7-forum5/wopad-i7-firmware-and-flashing-instruction-thread14.0/". Flashing (look the instruction). Everything Should work, except for WI-FI.
We buy USB 3G the modem from the operator of cellular communication. We do not change adjustment of the modem. Power on WOPAD I7. After loadet it is connected USB 3G the modem. We pass in a spirit " Wireless networks " - " the Mobile network " - " the Point of access APN ". We press button "Menu". New APN. We enter data of the operator of communication. We keep.
We wait for connection of the modem.
The Megaphone (RUS) works with the modem (Huawei E160G) of the operator.

Excuse for bad English

----------------------------------------------------------------

RUS

-----

Оригинальной прошивки нет! Проблема WI-FI не решена.

Как получить доступ в сеть?

Доступ в сеть только через 3G. Действия. Загружаем оригинальную прошивку WOPAD I7 "http://www.wopadusa.com/support/our-android-tablets-group6/wopad-i7-forum5/wopad-i7-firmware-and-flashing-instruction-thread14.0/". Прошиваем (смотри инструкцию). Должно работать все, кроме WI-FI
Покупаем USB 3G модем у оператора сотовой связи. Не меняем настройки модема. Включаем WOPAD I7. после загрузкм подключаем USB 3G модем. Переходим в настрой ки "Беспроводные сети" - "Мобильная сеть" - "Точка доступа APN". Нажимаем конпку "Меню". Новая APN. Вводим данные оператора связи. Сохраняем.
Ждем подключения модема.
Работает с модемом оператора Мегафон (Huawei E160G)
Извините за плохой английский
------

21 - 34 of 34 Posts