Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I order a Wits a81 from Merimobiles , because they said free shipping $199, I placed the order and they send me an email that i had to pay $50 for shipping, if I knew that their Policy was to slap you with a $50 shipping charge I would have bought it from JTshop who gave GPS and a extra batteryand less shipping. I think one would buy only once and no more from people like this, and still have not heard from them about my order.

· Premium Member
2,271 Posts
contact me with your info (order number )I checked the site and did not see free shipping but will confirm with phillip

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My order # 3835, I just checked my paypal account and it says $50 for DHL, my order cannot be shipped DHL because I gave a PO Box and DHL does not deliver to PO BOX, and yes when I made my order I checked with my zip code and it said free shipping thats why I made the order, OtherwiseJTshop had a better offer but charged shipping so I bought from Merimobiles

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HiYesterday I received two emails, one from Paypal saying that my package was shippedDHL and one from Merimobiles Saying that my package was shipped Free shipping 12 to 14 days, teh tracking number was not found in DHL or Hong Kong Post, so that means that they have not shipped anything, if the package was shipped as Free shipping what happened to my $50?

· Premium Member
1,312 Posts
i had same issue couple weeks ago, i emailed merimobiles as they sent wrong shipping number, seems to be something that happens with them, someone else besides me had same issue

· Registered
7 Posts
I too have been getting the run around from merimobiles order number 3801. The dhl number they give you is a reference number not a tracking number. On dhl site they have a area that you can input a reference number. The reference number will get you your tracking number. I Sent merimobiles a pay pal payment on august 9th and I still can't track or received my tablet. They have good communication with you but they really don't help you solve much. Phillip is nice and all but he is just one man and seem to be overwhelmed. They are very slow at getting you your product and I kind of wish I would have ordered from someone else now. There site says item shipped but when I called dhl yesterday with the reference number merimobiles gave me dhl gave me the tracking number and then she said they haven't actually received anything from merimobiles to ship. So I have no idea when I will get my tablet. Can anyone tell me how long it took them to get there tablet from merimobiles?

· Premium Member
1,312 Posts
i got mine in 6 ays to Australia. I to got the "generic" tracking number that wouldnt work with the DHL online tracking, i emailed and got a reply from Phillip within 12 hours with the correct tracking number.The funny thing (and i'm not standing up for MM in any way) the same thing happened when i ordered non computer things from a HK based firm, DHL was used and got tracking number that wouldnt work, after emailing them got diffent number, i wonder if it is something to do with the way dhl accepts and logs packages ? I dont really know, just a thought

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank You Adrian, Like you said it was a reference number, It was picked up by DHLso now I know its coming, but Merimobiles don't tell you thats a reference #.Thanks to you I know i am receiving the Tablet.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I checked yesterday it said it was picked up, I checked today it said it was picked up Today, I'll check tomorrow to see whats going on, My communication has been withPaypal they are the ones that are keeping me inform, its the first time that this happensthat Paypal sends me the emails with the information, most of the time is the seller that gives the details, but it seems that the seller is not showing its face in the matter.i'll keep you inform.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HiWell guys I just checked and it says it left Hong Kong, I have to call DHL because what they got is a PO Box #, and they don't deliver to PO Box, If I get it Monday I let you know. Adrian have you contacted Merimobiles and Paypal? if not, You should.you should contact Paypal and open a Claim for your Order.

· Registered
7 Posts
Merimobiles had to get the new tracking number from ups. what happened was I selected dhl for shipping but dhl will not ship to my house address without additional charges so merimobiles had to transfer the package to ups. The confusion was that merimobiles made it sound like the transfer was going to happen after it arrives to the united states. But, the package was transfered to ups in hongkong and I didnt have the new tracking number until I emailed merimobiles today and they gave me the new ups tracking not the old dhl reference number that was still showing on merimobiles under my account. So basically if they would have updated the info on their site to reflect the new shipping changes there would have much less confusion. But all is good now. But yes I had to open a claim to get them to send me the new tracking info and I didnt want to do that because they actually have communication with you but they need to update their shipping status changes much faster.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just got the tablet, and Android 2.1 no flash no Android Market, and the thing is not charging, i had it connected some five hours, but is not charging, it works with the AC cord, I checked the battery status and it says not charging.$249 for a piece of junk.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.