Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.Got my Wits today. Powered up, connected to wireless network with no problems (WPA2) obtained IP address etc, all seems fine unless you actually try to browse or do anything requiring data. Just no data coming in or out of the device.I thought, hey, no point worrying, I'll upgrade to the newest firmware. Upgraded to 31/8, no change, still nothing.Anyone else had this?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A little more detail: The AP it won't connect to is at work. Or rather, it'll connect and gets an ip address, but you can't actually access anything via that connection even though it's showing ac connected and working fine.I went home and connected to my AP at home. This one has no security except MAC lockout. It connected fine once the MAC was added to the access list.Basically it just doesn't seem to actually support the WPA security we use at work. Which is why I have the crappy security setup I have at home, becasue a whole bunch of stuff I own says it supports WPA and doesn't.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a similar problem: the tablet connects but doesn't work with my 802.11n router (it is of course working in mixed bgn mode). When I change the router settings to only work in bg mode - everything works OK with WPA2/PSK. So the problem is not related to encryption. In a few days I'll try a router with a different chipset to see if the problem is with all 802.11n routers, or it's a simple interop with this particular atheros chipset. What kind of routers do you have?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Finally found a way to use 802.11n with my TP-Link router. It turns out that disabling WMM in the router fixes A81e. It sounds completely unreal and illogical, but as we all know, A81e is one big Chinese puzzle. I confirmed it by switching WMM on and off several times, and the results are always the same (with all firmware versions up to 1102). Needless to say, no other device I ever tried (including two android phones with 802.11n - Nexus 1 and Samsung Galaxy S) has such weird problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am Have the exact same problem... i'm trying to connect to a Dlink DSL G604t router... Tried every possible combination.. Open network, secured(wep) network etc.. no luck.it gets an ip and everything, but i cant surf!!! really weird.. Btw this router has no N (as in B G N) its only BG. i have connected and used wireless before on a different router. Guess this device is picky about which router it will work with!!EDIT: ok!! i am able to use the wifi but not the internet. i am able to use Remote VNC app. it works perfectly, the wifi light on my router also blinks. when i try using the inbuilt browser, it isnt able to access the internet, and the wifi light on my router doesnt blink.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.