Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you are seeing the splash screen it shouldn't be bricked. I am not sure what you mean by board?
I wanted to see what it would cost to replace the motherboard, or what ever board the ROM is on. I will continue to try to see if I can get it to boot.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks..

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wanted to see what it would cost to replace the motherboard, or what ever board the ROM is on. I will continue to try to see if I can get it to boot.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks..
I think my finger tip is worn off. I have no other ideas at this time.

I cannot even get to the menu I had before I flashed it. Was soo looking forward to this ROM.

Ken

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I think my finger tip is worn off. I have no other ideas at this time.

I cannot even get to the menu I had before I flashed it. Was soo looking forward to this ROM.

Ken
If you would like to send it to me with a prepaid return label I will take a look at it for you.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·

·
Registered
104 Posts
I know a lot of people will ask "What about XXX launcher?" or this app or that app. So much of the "best" app or launcher is subjective to the person using it. I prefer a clean ROM that can be customized by the end user to their desires. Function over form in the release. I have included the ES tools which can really take control and tweak the tablet, CM3 so you can see performance difference and They are fairly simple to use and setup.

I did not include Market/Play. For it to really work properly it needs the fulls suite and to me is a waste of resources. There are plenty of simple installers out there, including mine and Rootthat.

I may release MODs to the firmware with app bundles based on what people might mention here.
My own personal opinion on the launcher debate is, I want something that will allow me to have more than 15 icons per screen. I like to have several apps, and want to be able to access them easily from one or two screens, if possible. I don't mind having 5 screens full of icons, since I can segregate them easier that way, but I do need more than the stock launcher will allow me to have on the screen. Some of them, like EZ-Launcher, have other widgets and items that are nice and look cool, but they take up more space on the screen than a single icon too, usually. Peronally, I wouldn't mind if I had a launcher that had a toolbar with a few icons at the bottom, and each icon/button had a list that popped up from those for all the icons that normally would be on that 'screen' instead of showing them all the time. (Just an idea for anyone who wants to create something like that...hehehe)

I like the keep it simple ideal, but it doesn't always work so simply much of the time.

Isn't there a way to get just part of the Google conglomerate, like just the market and maps, without all the rest?

Thanks.

Jammer

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 7381

Main features:
- Based on las official 01022012 AZ firmware. Left stock naming convention as the file would not load every time when renamed.
- Edited proper default prop to 0,1,1,1 instead of 1,0,0,0
- Removed proprietary Pandigital proprietary apps, Getjar, and Amazon App store.
- Added 1Mobile Market, ES Task and File Manager, Caffeinemark, and Rootexplorer.
- WiFi tweaks.
- Build.prop edits for performance, ram consumption (255 free, varies).
- 1% Battery MOD Bubble
- Some graphics and font changes
- Duplicated libraries deleted.
- Some build.prop tweaks to improve performance, wifi responsiveness, and better ram consumption, etc
- Gingerbreak 1.2 pre-installed for root after install.
- Use UOT screen transitions "Flying"
- New boot animation. "SuperNova"

When installing an 8GB or smaller microsd works well with running Gingerbreak after the install.

Install Instructions:
This runs like a normal update so you should still have your apps, but the following is the best way to flash this ROM. Either way backup your files before using.

Download UberNova V0.1

If by using this mod the world comes to and end, or you are suddenly sucked back in time only to accidentally kill your grandfather leaving your future uncertain, I take no responsibility for the consequences. Oh yeah. same thing if it screws up your tablet.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. REMEMBER TO BACKUP ANY THING YOU WANT SAVE BEFORE FOLLOWING THESE INSTRUCTIONS. THIS WILL WIPE YOUR TABLET TO A CLEAN FACTORY-ISH STATE.

1. Copy the the file to a microsd either directly on your PC or to the /sdcard through USB to the tablet.Make sure it is the only update file on the card.
NEVER INSTALL ANY UPDATE FROM THE INTERNAL STORAGE. If something should go wrong you will be stuck with that same image reloading everytime you try to go into recovery and you may never have a way to remove or get past it.

2. With the tablet powered off and no microsd in the slot, power on by holding down the volume + (plus) button and then pressing and holding power.

3. Release power after the 1st Pandigital splash screen then hold volume + for a couple more seconds then release.

4. Wait until the Android with the triangle and exclamation over it's head appears.

5. Quickly press and hold power then press volume + to bring up the recovery menu. Use volume + to move up the menu, volume - to move down, and power to select

6. Scroll down and select Wipe data & cache, then select Yes delete all user data .

7. When complete select Wipe cache partition and wait until complete.

8. Insert your Microsd with the downloaded zip into the tablet and wait about 60 seconds.

9. Select Apply update from external sdcard. ( if the microsd does not show, power off by holding power then repeat step 2 but leave the microsd in the tablet. If it goes to the Android again then foloow step 5 and start back here at step 9.)

10. Scroll to the IR80_X_XX_X_X_X_XXXXXXX.zip file and select it.

11. Wait for it to complete then select Reboot system now.

The first boot will be slow as it has to rebuild the cache. Once the system reboots give it a couple seconds then go into the app dock and run Gingerbreak to get root. If you get a Gingerbreak error (You shouldn't but it can happen) Try a different Microsd card.

EDIT: I wanted to add an thanks section. Unfortunately I have almost 600GB of android stuff from ROMS to graphics and tweaks. When I do a themes I pull from here or there with bits and pieces and don;t really even remember where most of it came from.

First all of the great from tipstir, HCH, Roger Carver, Flanflinger, Tim, TCH and all the other who's work i learned from as I moved through almost 20 tablets in 3 years. Their great work got me interested in really getting tablet to work better than the (sub) standard set out of the box on most. I would like to thank UOT Kitchen for getting me started with themes. I learned a lot after cooking my first few themes then pulling them apart fo find the changes and see how they worked. All the people who created themes and bootanimation out there, If i have used your stuff, mad props and no slight intended for no specific credit..
Thank you for this my tablet is a lot better faster and looks good now thank you again

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is an awesome ROM! I stumbled across it when researching my recent purchase of a Supernova, and I love it! I'm particularly fond of the Comic font, but the animations are awesome! I saw a video on YouTube that has me hankering to try the version 2.0 now, too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm going to give this version a test. I may try 2.0 as well.

My PSDN has finally developed the WiFi connection issue and may as well try some alt roms to see what works best for it.

Thanks for the hard work on this!

EDIT:

I've got this one running now. Thanks!

The performance is snappier and the visuals are nice though Droid Sans is meh for a font. ;)

It does seem to be a more performance enhanced ROM and that is welcome. Nice job!

Even though I did the data and cache wipes a couple of times, the Wifi is still experiencing the disconnect error.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts