Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hey Guys, ive decided since i like Wince On the m001 better ill be editing my own version of CE calledthe "J Edition"Basiclly it will have more usefull Apps Pre Installed, and I intend to get other modules working (hopefully)-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Beta Release .15b------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Release Notes-----------------------Readded WifiPower ShortcutCleaned Up Some FilesRemoved Chinese Font ( 8 megs)Removed Help FilesUpdated Logo-----Release Notes----------------------------App List----------------------------Device ManagerFtp ClientInfo/battery MeterJZPaintOn screen KeyboardMy ToolsPocketPaintPower WidgetsRegeditScreenshot toolSnifi Wifi SnifferTSCTotal Commander-----App List---------------------------------Issues------------------------------Bluetooth Cpl Doesnt Work-----Issues-----------------------------------Todo--------------------------------Add More AppsClean Up More FilesGet Bluetooth WorkingPreinstalled BrowserEdit Scriptcmd To Suit Personal Taste-----Todo-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Download Link .15b-------------------------------http://www.multiupload.com/ENHO8TD7HT--------------Download Link .15b----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Beta Release .10b---------------------------------------------------------------------------Release Notes-----------------------Cleaned Up Some FilesChanged Boot LogoChanged WallpaperAdded Several AppsAdded Several ShortcutsRemoved OfficeAdded Several Cpl Files-----Release Notes----------------------------Issues------------------------------Bluetooth Cpl Doesnt WorkWifi Power shortcut Missing-----Issues--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Download Link .10b--------------http://www.multiupload.com/CP3ZC3X6FQ--------------Download Link .10b--------------

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rotate Doesnt work Yet.I can tell u the apps in the next release.The version everyone else has...which is R3.I didnt add touch support it was already addedFirst Bug.I left out Wifi Turn On by mistake.its in windowswifipower.exenext release ill put the shortcut back in

·
Registered
18 Posts
On this page (http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-1349626.html) someone posted info on how he ported Flash from the R3 Package Builder to an existing install of WinCE (presumably R2). This should work here too_On another topic, WinCE already boots pretty fast, but with the lack of true suspend, is it possible to get the boot and shutdown times even faster? Google's Chrome has a target of under 7secs (I think) for boot, which is damn impressive from an off state.

·
Registered
18 Posts
By the way, I've played around with the scriptcmd file a lot, tuning the Android and Linux installers. Do you want some help? What do you want to do with it?Other apps that would be useful to install include an SSH client (like PocketPutty if nothing else more recent is available) and even a server. And a scripting language (the devices are big enough to do some coding on, unlike tiny phones).

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im gona try and make it use the whole 2 gig for the o/satm it uses 256. which is fine...i also gona just change what it says when its installingmight even get fancy and do some windows installing pics:pill add in a ssh client next release, and ill see if i can find a server.If any one has any suggestions or find any bugs post away

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, I did modify scriptcmd to use the big partition for Linux, instead of the smaller one it and Android uses for rootfs. I am not sure you can use the ENTIRE Flash, but you can for sure use the big ~1.8GB partition. Actually, I think I modified the shell script that does the actual install, which is loaded when the Linux installer is run. You can certainly do something similar for WinCE.

·
Registered
67 Posts
jayrod;20139 said:
Rotate Doesnt work Yet.I can tell u the apps in the next release.The version everyone else has...which is R3.I didnt add touch support it was already addedFirst Bug.I left out Wifi Turn On by mistake.its in windowswifipower.exenext release ill put the shortcut back in
I apologise, as I didn't mean to imply that rotation was system-wise, but an app to do it.My thoughts on this firmware would be to trim the most you can, leaving apps as a separate pack,leaving users the choice to install apps at will.I do not want SSH/servers and whatnot. Apps should preferably go to the 1.8 partition or the storage card,leaving the system nice and clean.PS: Where is the touchscreen driver, anyway?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well the 1.8 gig partition is the same as the partition that the o/s files goes onto.So i could make it Copy the program files to the 1.8 gig partition after install. But no point really.unlike android, ce has minimal apps, so i dunno, ill think about leaving apps out, but it doesnt slow the system down like android. As the apps arnt services..there just taking space.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.