Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some sellers advertise that windows can lead Eken, if that's possible as we could do dual boot between android and windows. also what version of Windows would be most successful.

·
Registered
65 Posts
[quote author=aso link=topic=25.msg60#msg60 date=1273750476]Is it not possible another version of windows?[/quote]No, Windows as we know it on the desktop only runs on x86 CPUs (Intel, AMD, etc.) This device is using an ARM CPU like many mobile phones and PMPs use. It is only capable of running operating systems that support the ARM architecture. Which as of now the best option is Android.Honestly, there is no reason to want to run anything else on this device. Android is a very capable operating system and it's open for developers to modify.

·
Registered
107 Posts
[quote author=Willo link=topic=25.msg55#msg55 date=1273749101]it would be Windows CE5.0nothing special, there would be no real point in dual booting[/quote]So, M001 is capable to install Windows Mobile 5.0 (or later up to 6.5.3)???That would be great if we can have multi-boot system.Do you have any clue of how to do this?

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
This device is so new to us we haven't even begun to unlock its full potential. I think in a few weeks I believe even the company that makes this devices will be impressed . We have great members here that are very motivated , so stand by for updates

·
Co-Founder
2,103 Posts
[quote author=mp4doggie link=topic=25.msg371#msg371 date=1273868315]This device is so new to us we haven't even begun to unlock its full potential. I think in a few weeks I believe even the company that makes this devices will be impressed . We have great members here that are very motivated , so stand by for updates[/quote]Not that they will check, they just want to pump the device out in their thousands so they can get some quick profit and move onto their next project. Which is why I'm extremely glad we have such a great community which will no-doubt continue to support this long after Eken abandons it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Personally I would love the ability to run CE on this device if it became available.I dont need the dual booting but for myself it would be handy

·
Registered
103 Posts
[quote author=gergc link=topic=25.msg662#msg662 date=1274034680]Windows Mobile sucks. Why would any of you want to put it on the M001? =P[/quote]The incredible amount of "free" aplications
:D:D

·
Registered
107 Posts
[quote author=ch4rlii link=topic=25.msg664#msg664 date=1274036520]You can find a WinCE version for a netbook with the WM8505 processor there:http://s0.blackmage.co.uk/~nextvolume/via_arm/viewtopic.php?id=4&t_id=13I have no idea if this works, but it is the best match I could consider.[/quote]Wow! The last link file actually did INSTALLED and booted!! However, touch screen does not response so you see home the screen but not working. It's very interesting, though.It loads Chinese right after install but shows English in 2nd boot. And of course, I'm able to re-install any firmware available from this Forum and back on SlateDroid anytime :DWhat I found out so far:- Left side screen defect still remains. So, it's definitely hardware issue of M001.- Battery does not get as hot as Android Mode. Because it's totally "not doing anything" at all? ;DWell, at least those "script" package works so I'll search for others now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
No go!I downloaded the link and managed to get it to install 95% of the way.I was unable to get the second boot.Besides all of this there is no way to control it :)It is a step in the right direction though ... thank you

·
Registered
107 Posts
Since EKEN official Web Site is mentioning "Windows CE" support. I wonder if anyone have ordered this and using it? At least, EKEN knows how to install Windows CE on M001... We're getting very close ;D

·
Registered
107 Posts
[quote author=Taka link=topic=25.msg783#msg783 date=1274111741]Since EKEN official Web Site is mentioning "Windows CE" support. I wonder if anyone have ordered this and using it? At least, EKEN knows how to install Windows CE on M001... We're getting very close ;D[/quote]Windows Embedded CE 6.0 (Win CE 6.0) has touch screen capability by default, according to wiki.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Embedded_CE_6.0Now, found 2 files have word "touch" in installer.- ceconfig.h- TouchRecognizer.dllI assume you need to do something prior to generate "TouchRecognizer.dll" in order to activate touch screen function but let's see if playing with "ceconfig.h" would do some magic... ;DI'll put my hands on it tonight but 99% sure it won't work :-XEDIT: Nope. It did not work at all :-

1 - 20 of 240 Posts