Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, since the search isn't working I thought I'd go ahead and post this here.I was wondering, has anyone succesfully added a keyboard, mouse or any kind of remote control to WinCE on the M001?I've gotten mine to work just fine using the R3 version, so I get the install, then the pre-configuration and after a hard reboot it loads up with a few apps and the oh-so-familiar XP background.What I'm wondering is if USB keyboard/mouse would work with it, since I believe it finds the WiFi adapter it should be able to find atleast that one USB port.I read somewhere that someone had gotten a remote desktop via ActiveSync, but since ActiveSync is so damn old it's not really an option (and the new Mobile Center thingie doesn't have remote desktop of any kind).So, any ideas, progress updates? I'm all for running WinCE on it, since from the looks of it a lot of the drivers are incorporated in this particular release.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have made a USB cable for my M001 and when loaded with the Windows CE rom provided by Eken and both a mouse and keyboard work. But the the touch screen doesn't work. Are you saying that you have gotten touch to work?

·
Registered
202 Posts
sorry im OT i want request you to try TCPMP or coreplayer with normal video on my old an newer mobile this video player read all and fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Even though the touch screen driver is still not working, do other things work like for example wifi?I still haven't succesfully built a USB cable, though I've tried to solder a connector on the board, with not much luck there either.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes, WiFi works. There is an icon on the desktop that you click on to turn it on/off. None of the hardware buttons work though. To be able to do anything you need to either connect via activesync, or connect a USB mouse via the cable mod.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.