Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me the low-down on WinCE 6.0?I have an aPad and an Eken M003 already. I am comfortable with Android, and I like it A LOT.I have a ZT-180 based tablet on order and am waiting for the Android version to arrive at wiipad.us.I have read some mixed reports of these tablets with Android 2.1. Some say it's unreliable, and others say there's no issue but the OS isn't as polished as it is on the aPad.This is making me consider the WinCE 6.0 version of the ZT-180 based pad.I have a lot of experience with windows, but none with CE.I did some google searching and I don't see a lot of apps available for it. I see a lot of PocketPC and windows mobile apps, but no win CE.Is it a good/reliable os? how is the performance? What else should I know?Thanks.Steve

·
Registered
32 Posts
Its works much faster, but you will have alot less apps for it. I mainly use it to surf and play ScummVM Adventures, so WinCE is the better choice for me. Also some RPGs like The Quest run fast and fullscreen so i have all i need for a quick game on the go.If you want to get more out of it stick to Android...

·
Registered
92 Posts
I am sure if you wanted you could get TomTom or iGo up and running on it without a problem in CE.One of my old GPS devices was a generic running CE 3.X or 4.X and I was able to load TomTom on it without a problem.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have installed Windows CE on APAD M003,I can tell you how the system is very responsive, although it is a theory in "real time" even if the end is not so, as regards the efficiency of some applications, such as web browsers, at least for the M003 is very poor.SE is not a question of wifi drivers working perfectly (I do not think)For web browsing I think Android is better.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had TomTom on a generic WinCE GPS as well. However, you can use only older versions with the matching maps. Original TomTom GPS devices use Linux and recent versions for WinCE often are not compatible with weird formats like big screens, etc.WinCE is in my opinion a dying OS and not much developments are published. You get a few older emulators and game engines like Scumm, but thats about it...Definitly no comparison with Android and its Marketplace.Cheers,vma

·
Registered
24 Posts
i find the android system to be much better, many more apps for it, easier to use also. i have one of each, an android tablet and win ce 6.0 and almost every app i try for the windows tablet does not work and says its not a valid application for windows ce. I am looking for a way to get android to run on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.