Android Tablets Forum banner
381 - 400 of 414 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yeah, I love the N70, I'd buy another in a heartbeat, the IPS screen on it is wonderful, especially if you got the "AZ" model with the new screens. They release firmware upgrades for it, and there is a pretty good selection of custom Roms to choose from. If it had GPS, and Bluetooth, it would kill the nexus 7, (I'm sure bluetooth will come once Rockchip gives up the info).

·
Registered
436 Posts
can anyone upload the lastest firmware 4.1.1 for ZZ on mediafire or something.. i cant download yuandao's servers
I am uploading yuandao N70 ZZ jelly bean firmware to my public dropbox folder, does not going fast, takes more than an hour.

JB for Window N70 is a huge improvement over ICS with its ghost touches, who are after several days of use, still completely gone now.
The window N70 is now one of my best, fastest china tabs, with its screen which is nearly as bright as the blackberry playbook screen, in my view the brightest in the whole tablet market.

edit.
I see WAI has posted some links, but when this is a JB feriross rom which i tried, in my experience the ghost touches exists.
Let me know if i should post my dropbox link.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Oke, here you can download the officiel Yuandao N70 ZZ android 4.1.1 firmware.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi all, new to this section. I have 2 N70 tablets on their way (xmas presents for the grand kids), so I will be setting them up and testing. I currently have a SGT2 7.0 P3113 setup with CM10 and CWM , I really like it. Hopefully the N70 will be even better. I read this entire thread, so I'm ready. I bought from Merimobiles and the free shipping has taken 3 weeks so far. I got great antutu score improvements with CM10 by the way on my SGT2.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Great gifts! This tablet is on par or better than the SGT2 7" in some aspects, it does lack the GPS and the Bluetooth. But I'm sure the processor is better along with the 3d gaming.

Once you get them Flash one of the Roms that are available... I'm using Feriross Mod (second to the latest) and it works very well. But some guys use the Project Margarine witch I also here is good, I used one of the older ones and it was ok but not built for the "AZ" version of the tablet and had a few bugs, along with no app to sd so you could potentially run out of app room.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Great gifts! This tablet is on par or better than the SGT2 7" in some aspects, it does lack the GPS and the Bluetooth. But I'm sure the processor is better along with the 3d gaming.

Once you get them Flash one of the Roms that are available... I'm using Feriross Mod (second to the latest) and it works very well. But some guys use the Project Margarine witch I also here is good, I used one of the older ones and it was ok but not built for the "AZ" version of the tablet and had a few bugs, along with no app to sd so you could potentially run out of app room.
I will be trying CM10 if I can find all the required info. I love CM10. And the CWM.
They need the HDMI and the quad Mali400, Oh and play angry birds LOL. Someone has to spoil them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just got the N70 today and it says it has 4.1.1 3.0.8 kernel 1.20121010 software on it so I assume this is not the latest one
The tablet quality seems great but I am noticing the external sd card is not being read by apps that I downloaded like ES File Explorer, Mixzing player, etc

The explorer app that came on the tablet can see the sd card and read the files on it but all other apps cannot see it including some of the video and gallery apps when you tap on those

I also connected it to my computer and both the internal 16G and my external 32G is read without any problem

I also see in my settings on the tablet under storage that the sd card is there and how much space is left

this is very unusual ; I need my other apps to be able to see the sd card; even to import bookmarks into dolphin browser there is an app that needs to see the sd card in order to import

I also downloaded a firmware from this forum and saved it to a folder on my desktop

what are the instructions to install the firmware?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I just got the N70 today and it says it has 4.1.1 3.0.8 kernel 1.20121010 software on it so I assume this is not the latest one
The tablet quality seems great but I am noticing the external sd card is not being read by apps that I downloaded like ES File Explorer, Mixzing player, etc

The explorer app that came on the tablet can see the sd card and read the files on it but all other apps cannot see it including some of the video and gallery apps when you tap on those

I also connected it to my computer and both the internal 16G and my external 32G is read without any problem

I also see in my settings on the tablet under storage that the sd card is there and how much space is left

this is very unusual ; I need my other apps to be able to see the sd card; even to import bookmarks into dolphin browser there is an app that needs to see the sd card in order to import

I also downloaded a firmware from this forum and saved it to a folder on my desktop

what are the instructions to install the firmware?
look here http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/38521-window-n70-rk3066-romslinks/

·
Registered
283 Posts
Solid explorer is an awesome file explorer, it's one of the better ones, it can be found on google play... another thing is, install one of the rooted Roms, it makes these things a lot easier to deal with.

·
Registered
54 Posts
have people connected this N70HD to a tv using hdmi? I just did and I noticed that mp4 hd files play ok on the tv but .TS files are choppy
all these files play perfectly on the tablet itself

I can always convert the .ts to mp4 but this should not be happening; I also tried both 1080/60 and 720/60 settings

·
Registered
283 Posts
try a different video player... I use MX player from google play, there is a free version and the pro version. It plays everything, and has software and hardware decoding so it should help run your videos in HDMI mode. The bad thing about the MX player is that it doesn't hide the bar at the bottom, or I just have not found that in settings.

·
Registered
54 Posts
are people noticing problems with the sd card on the N70 HD? It seems to read and un-read often
I have a 32G card and the explorer that came with it will read it but then I could leave the tablet sitting there without touching it and some time later when I hit power to see the display the card will not be read

then I have to push it out and push back in again; it is not physically moving but it seems the tablet loses connection with it suddenly

·
Registered
7 Posts
are people noticing problems with the sd card on the N70 HD? It seems to read and un-read often
I have a 32G card and the explorer that came with it will read it but then I could leave the tablet sitting there without touching it and some time later when I hit power to see the display the card will not be read

then I have to push it out and push back in again; it is not physically moving but it seems the tablet loses connection with it suddenly
I had that kind of problem too, but in my case the N70HD turned its display occasionally on (while in standby), rereading the sd-card for a second. It was driving me nuts, so i upgraded to the newest firmware, which in my case came with a factory reset. Somehow it fixed that problem for me. My N70HD now never wakes up by itself and remounts the card.

But somehow i got another problem (with the newest but i also got it with the original firmware). When i try to play videos with hardware decoding (MX-Player with HW+ 32Bit, BSPlayer, DicePlayer,etc.) the video playback starts, but after some time (20sec-3min) the playback freezes and my device reboots by itself. The only workaround for me is, by playing videos with software decoding. It works yeah, but the thing is, that the color gradients in videos aren't as smooth as in HW+ mode. (animes and other highdef-videos suffer from it greatly, if you ask me). The official video player which came with this device plays videos quite fine, but also with those nasty choppy gradients. :-/

Do you all got the same problem as me with the hw+ decoder from mx player?

Ah, before i forget the specs of my N70HD:
-Official 4.1.1-Firmware (11.08.2012)
-Rooted, bloatware removed, build.props changed to Galaxy S3

·
Registered
283 Posts
Just watched a full movie with MX player with HW decoding and had no problems... I have the regular N70, not HD.

Also I have the reading SD card problem also... I don't have the latest ROMs installed don't know which one I have off the top of my head, but I will upgrade in a few weeks, probably after the holiday season.

381 - 400 of 414 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.