Android Tablets Forum banner
361 - 380 of 414 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys I am a new member to this forum though I have been following this for a long time. Cheers to all you guys for keeping this forum alive :)...

I have finally decided to trust Chinese tablets and go for them, my only confusion is choosing between this and it's bigger brother yuandao n80 dual core, which was recently released. I am actually getting the yuandao n80 a few dollars cheaper than the yuandao n70 at aliexpress.

I am really confused between the 7" and the 8" form factor, can any one of you point me in the right direction? And Btw the yuandao n80 dual core comes with a 5000 mAh battery 5000 wow!!!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8 Posts
The 8" tablet is 3:4 and the 7" tablet is 9:16, the 8" one will off course be bigger overall with more surface area to play with.

Hope that helps, I don't know exactly what info you need....
Well my bad i should have been more clear, i will watch a lot of videos in my tab so what i actually want to know is, is the video watching experience better on a 7 inch tab because most of the videos that come out now is in 16:9 format, as in will the video get cropped out on a 4:3 configuration?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ohh, on the 8" tab you'll probably just have more bars, that's all, I don't think the video will be lacking at all. Same for games, they just stretch to fit, I don't own an 8" tablet so I can't say for sure but I read up a little about the Teclast P85 and they said video and games run fine on that.

·
Registered
436 Posts
No you get under and on top of the screen black edges, the format is the same as seven inch 16:10.
Another important aspect is the fact that the Window N80 dualcore almost certain does not have an IPS screen in contrast with the Window N70.
If you like the eight inch above seven, you could look at the IPS teclast P85HD, but this very good device has less battery life.

I see T3beatz posted a little earlier than i did and mentioned the P85 also. As you can see there is a price difference between the "regular" P85 and the P85HD which has IPS.
The same you can see between the Window N70 with IPS and a very bright screen and the upcoming cheaper Window N70S.

·
Registered
283 Posts
No and yes, I have the leaked version of the official rom on my tablet, it came out about 2 weeks ago, it works great. I guess some guy from the Yuandao forums leaked it, but they said it was a beta version, seems to be just fine, so I'm sure the one from there site should work just as well, it really helps the tablet. Before I was having a couple sleep issues now they are non existent and the batter does seem to last a tad bit longer (this is without any extra help from other apps).

·
Registered
15 Posts
No and yes, I have the leaked version of the official rom on my tablet, it came out about 2 weeks ago, it works great. I guess some guy from the Yuandao forums leaked it, but they said it was a beta version, seems to be just fine, so I'm sure the one from there site should work just as well, it really helps the tablet. Before I was having a couple sleep issues now they are non existent and the batter does seem to last a tad bit longer (this is without any extra help from other apps).
Did that person not leak the ROMs out here on Slate Droids? IIRC I saw a post here on Slate Droids which had the 4.1.1 links so I decided to download it just in case. My N70 is ready for pick up at the post office tomorrow

I will get around to tinkering and getting the N70 up to speed this week and weekend!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yep WAI's guide will help, The Official ROM from the Yuandao site is the latest for the N70 Make sure you have Ver "AZ" of the tablet when you get it before flashing that JB ROM.

I have the leaked official firmware installed from the site I linked, and I used the Gapps V2 package and custom Script at the bottom to Root and change a few things. It's very simple to use and takes all of 10-15 mins to do once everything is downloaded.

If you need help just give me a holler.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yep WAI's guide will help, The Official ROM from the Yuandao site is the latest for the N70 Make sure you have Ver "AZ" of the tablet when you get it before flashing that JB ROM.

I have the leaked official firmware installed from the site I linked, and I used the Gapps V2 package and custom Script at the bottom to Root and change a few things. It's very simple to use and takes all of 10-15 mins to do once everything is downloaded.

I will! Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts

T3beatz,

So, the leaked JB ROM (or the official jb rom) is meant for 'AZ' only? ZZ one can't use?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Updated the Window N70 zz model to JB, downloaded from the Yuandao website, and after one day of using the ghost touches are gone, and running very smooth.
I own four RK3066 devices and a Nexus 7 but for me the N70 is the most usefull tablet, because of the most, very bright screen and very good wifi, so you can it also easy use outside.

361 - 380 of 414 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.