Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
36 Posts
First at all I'm happy to have a Window/Yuandao N101 Tab.
My tablet is a 32GB version. ordered from [Link removed by admin]

Please note this is Copyright Tuen:

Summery
Pro:
- It has a aluminum back
- view angle of the screen is awesome
- large storage, I'm using them without extra external MicroSD-card
- hardware volume, back button
- I've somewhere order a case, but it doesn't 100% fit the tab, the front camera is not on the right hole position
- rooted version: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=281
- fully market after modification: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=282
Con:
- can't shutdown the tablet for charging
- the plug to charge the tab can not fully insert into the tablet.
- default some chinese bloatware (can be disable in application without root permission)
- try to dump the current firmware with RKDump, but i's unable to dump it. (I've only dump the firmware with dd command)
- little bit noise sound from the speaker when it is silence in the room. (of course when the tablet is on )
- outside is the tablet screen is not so readable, reflection (even with highest brightness)

General about the tab
nice aluminum back, the build quality feels good.

Battery/Charger
It has a 5V/2A charger with a small plug
I've try to charge the tablet but it still hang on 94% (even after 20minutes) after recharge it can go to 100%
When I'm charging the tablet or connected USB cable, there is no possibility to shutdown the tablet.
I've run up to 6,5hours to make this review and have still 32% of battery power (started from 94%)

During the charge, the tab is running, The screen goes on time to time on.

Display
there is no ambition light on the tablet, so when you set your brightness on auto and you go to settings --> display --> brightness and modify them, you will get a "unfortunately, settings has stopped" and it set your brightness not on auto
The usable screen resolution is 1280x752
Outside with sun, the display is not 100% readable. (on iPhone 4s it was readable)

Storage
If i'm going to storage then I see the following information:
Internal storage:
Total space 0,98GB
Nand Flash:
Total space: 28,74GB

Video-playback
I've test a few youtube HD Video-stream without some lags.

Camera:
The camera resolution is 1600x1200 (1,9MP)

Benchmark
see more information here: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=284

Connectivity
- Mini hdmi works
- the usb is a Micro usb (right one on the picture). Charging on usb not works with wall plug
- Bluetooth works: I've connect with my apple bluetooth mouse and it works

Sound
It's loud enough for me, but when the room is very silence, you can hear some noisy sound from the speakers.

Will post the real video review soon.

guys,wait for me.lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
First at all I'm happy to have a Window/Yuandao N101 Tab.
My tablet is a 32GB version. ordered from In4dealz.com

Summery
Pro:
- It has a aluminum back
- view angle of the screen is awesome
- large storage, I'm using them without extra external MicroSD-card
- hardware volume, back button
- I've somewhere order a case, but it doesn't 100% fit the tab, the front camera is not on the right hole position
- rooted version: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=281
- fully market after modification: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=282
Con:
- can't shutdown the tablet for charging
- the plug to charge the tab can not fully insert into the tablet.
- default some chinese bloatware (can be disable in application without root permission)
- try to dump the current firmware with RKDump, but i's unable to dump it. (I've only dump the firmware with dd command)
- little bit noise sound from the speaker when it is silence in the room. (of course when the tablet is on )
- outside is the tablet screen is not so readable, reflection (even with highest brightness)

General about the tab
nice aluminum back, the build quality feels good.

Battery/Charger
It has a 5V/2A charger with a small plug
I've try to charge the tablet but it still hang on 94% (even after 20minutes) after recharge it can go to 100%
When I'm charging the tablet or connected USB cable, there is no possibility to shutdown the tablet.
I've run up to 6,5hours to make this review and have still 32% of battery power (started from 94%)

During the charge, the tab is running, The screen goes on time to time on.

Display
there is no ambition light on the tablet, so when you set your brightness on auto and you go to settings --> display --> brightness and modify them, you will get a "unfortunately, settings has stopped" and it set your brightness not on auto
The usable screen resolution is 1280x752
Outside with sun, the display is not 100% readable. (on iPhone 4s it was readable)

Storage
If i'm going to storage then I see the following information:
Internal storage:
Total space 0,98GB
Nand Flash:
Total space: 28,74GB

Video-playback
I've test a few youtube HD Video-stream without some lags.

Camera:
The camera resolution is 1600x1200 (1,9MP)

Benchmark
see more information here: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=284

Connectivity
- Mini hdmi works
- the usb is a Micro usb (right one on the picture). Charging on usb not works with wall plug
- Bluetooth works: I've connect with my apple bluetooth mouse and it works

Sound
It's loud enough for me, but when the room is very silence, you can hear some noisy sound from the speakers.

Will post the real video review soon.

guys,wait for me.lol
Copyright!!!!
Copy from my forum??? http://lyt.no-ip.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=279

Sent from my Window N101 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
I thought that sounded familiar; thank you tuen for your review.

GDP.
Yes I thought it sounded familiar too.

Would you like me to delete it Tuen?

Jez

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
ok lets reply on that post xD
I have updated the first post to say that it is your copyrighted review.
I have also made it so that he can only post with my approval from now on.

Jez

·
Registered
158 Posts

You might also want to consider letting the mods on there know, so that they can put a 'copyright - tuen' message on the posts, similar to what Jez has done here.

GDP.
oké

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
I have updated the first post to say that it is your copyrighted review.
I have also made it so that he can only post with my approval from now on.

Jez
Thanks, Jezzer,

And I have made it so he may never post again.

Let it be known that Slatedroid does not tolerate Anyone posting/re-posting work of others without proper permission/credit - especially across multiple forums.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hey Tuen! After a couple of days of intensive use, how is battery life? Wifi signal strength? Speaker volume and clarity? Any hardware/software issues in the past week?

What is your overall score?
The battery self i can't tell you because i'm self still testing
The last result is 7h40 usage, but the battery still using till 12h: see forum for more information/problem: http://lyt.no-ip.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=305#p1495

wifi strength distance is acceptable: it has described here: http://lyt.no-ip.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=293

Speaker volume is very loud and clearly: as you see in this game test (the sound volume is about 70-
% and it loud enough to play) http://lyt.no-ip.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=298

hardware issue? maybe battery (still testing)
software issue? adobe flash player in browser, unable see video (except youtube)
still searching for issue ATM: why screen will goes on stand-by

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks, Jezzer,

Let it be known that Slatedroid does not tolerate Anyone posting/re-posting work of others without proper permission/credit - especially across multiple forums.
Beautiful; for some reason Joe Mantegna's voice came into my head reading that line!

Good work Jez and Mrsburnout.

GDP.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Thanks, Jezzer,

Thanks mrsburnout, wasn't sure how lenient to be so thanks for clarifying

Jez

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Beautiful; for some reason Joe Mantegna's voice came into my head reading that line!

Good work Jez and Mrsburnout.

GDP.
Lol
Know what you mean

By the way did anyone else notice Eternal's ad on Aliexpress which made me chuckle. It describes one of the highlights of the N101...

Ultrathin mental design.
I hope it was meant to say metal!

Jez

·
Registered
270 Posts
They are including a Huawei E1750 for $31USD on my order, they don't show it in their store but I asked them. I think they are also changing my order from the metal back to the black back version. A tracking number has been issued so will see how it goes.

With regards to customs, tax and value:

"And we would declare tablet pc as gift and total value at usd 50.00 on invoice for clearance customs, which way will save your tax in Customs well. Please thinking of it and let us know your ideas."

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
They are including a Huawei E1750 for $31USD on my order, they don't show it in their store but I asked them. I think they are also changing my order from the metal back to the black back version. A tracking number has been issued so will see how it goes.
Pretty good! Did you negotiate the deal or did they offer it from the get go?

Jez

·
Registered
170 Posts

By any chance did they say whether the black back is plastic or metal (or mental!)?

GDP.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.