Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi sl8rs,What about the efforts to run WinCE on m003? Is anybody out there working on it?I downloaded thw rom available in downloads but it didn't work. Don't even boot.If sombody wants to work on it, I'd like too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Sharch, there is athread on teh CE but it seems to have stooped a bit, when trying to install CE be sure to go from a 1.7.4 Android, can be the upgrade gets stuck in the "loading device drivers" screen, then just flash back to Android and try again. The Eken M001 FW for CE can be installed to but that will have a display problem. I think too the CE could really work, its fast at least, just not fully operational with buttons and screen rotation..

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have been looking for the CE firmware as well but its gone from the download section. I had a ASUS MyPal with WM6 and it was great, and should work a little better. Windows Mobile 6.5 is based on WinCE 5.2 core so it "should" work in theory. CE is more of a uber lite desktop where is Mobile is well, for phones and PDAs

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've tried it but didn't work. It boots the first time, then a progress bar appears with some chinese written, it loads for a while then stop.The resolution seems to be set for 7" (ie m001)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.