Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my M11 today and immediately noticed the poor Wifi quality. So now I'm thinking about doing that Wifi fix, but since I'm a complete electricity noob I'm afraid of destroying something... Is it safe?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hello could u please provide a clearer pic because I want to do this in a couple of days and I don't wanna ,mess it up

Sent from my Aoson M11 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi together

I have succesfully moded my tablet

The mod shown in the previos posts, is from electrical view not so "professional", and we are wondering that it really has a effect.
Dont understand it wrong :)

So after several times of dismantling, cutting the antenna and so on, i found a very easy and cheap way to modify the wifi !

First i removed the complete antenna and the cable. (Please take care the you smooth remove the connector)

Then i dissambled a old notebook and take out the antenna, fortunaly there was the right connector on the cable, and the antenna had a typecode printed on it.
If you like to order the same kind of antenna you can do this here :

http://www.pchub.com/uph/laptop/421-68617-19053/Toshiba-Tecra-A3-S611-Wireless-Antenna-Cable.html

Its very easy to install, and everybody can do it.
I stick the antenna to the back cover, thats fine.

My signal gain was increased by 20dBto 30dB, what is really very much. (Measured with wifi inspect)
To speak in distance, the coverage was increased from 5m to 20m, yeah !
I will post fotos tomorrow.

Best reegards
HC

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also played with the M11 tablet to try to see if I could get a better wifi signal....Below is just my observations.

I tried all the different firmwares out there....Not one version worked better than another for signal strength (while testing the signal throughout my single story 1500sqft home).

I opened it up and modified the current antenna with some copper wiring as seen in one of the pictures below....the signal strength stayed about the same (no major difference). I do agree with one comment that the signal is better with the cover off of the tablet.

I used an antenna from an old laptop....again, the signal strength stayed about the same.

The biggest change I noticed with my M11 wifi signal was when I changed the 2.4Ghz wireless channel on my TP-Link WDR4300 Router to channel 7 (versus default of channel 1). This could be because of channel congestion (but my tablet rarely saw any other wireless networks from inside my house) or maybe this was just a better frequency for the tablet?...who knows.

I wouldn't mind spending a couple of dollars to test out another antenna, but I have my doubts if it would make a difference in my case (I'm glad to see others are having good success though).

Thanks!

LDN

21 - 25 of 25 Posts