Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
To be a broadcom chip sincerely signal reception is too bad.

I have no issues with my Sony Neo Xperia or Sony VAIO laptop. Good reception but with Gemei G9T... reception is so bad...

Someone else with issues with wifi reception on Gemei G9T?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have measured signal strength with Wifi Analyzer and it was same on my HTS Desire HD and Gemei G9T. So far I have no complaints about wifi.

·
Registered
104 Posts
After a couple of days of use, I have a different WiFi problem.

It gets disconnected every now and then.

And unfortunately, the nows and thens are very often... like very 25 seconds...

I had this problem with firmware that tablet came with as well with latest firmware (Date:2012-7-28).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same problem as Jason Matsoukas, on a brand new Gemei G9T, did anyone find a solution to this problem ? please advise.
thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Man, that WLAN/WiFi antenna sucks or something else wrong on design. The back is aluminium? So at least signal does not pass through it. I'm tempted to open G9T and see whats the effect on signal strength. I think antenna can be seen on 'charger mod' video, gray wire.

·
Registered
47 Posts
WIFI works OK for me since last update (4.0.4). Used to really suck and now working ok. It doesn't disconnect randomly. Try updating to August 22nd firmware.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It still drops wifi connection randomly. Tried regpon wifi keepalive and wakelock and still issues with latest firmware (4.0.4) and wifi with gemei G9T...

After few hours, wifi disconnects and sometimes blocks tablet and need to reboot it...

If there is no future support on this tablet I will never buy any other gemei device, support sucks!!!!.

If you are planning to buy some Gemei don't, wait till there is a new firmware that solves it.

WIFI works OK for me since last update (4.0.4). Used to really suck and now working ok. It doesn't disconnect randomly. Try updating to August 22nd firmware.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts