Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,been messing around with the wifi USB pins on a rev7 m001.Anyone happen to know the correct pinout for the four pins?I've been experimenting and after removing the wifi adapter then soldering it back on, I found out that both the first and last pins a + and -, because those are the only pins that turn on the wifi led.Also, I've gotten it to power up and when it starts scanning for APs the wifi led blinks, though nothing turns up.Anyone ideas or suggestions on what to do or is it safe to assume that it's broken beyond repair?

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
take some picsits kinda hard to visualize what your talking about

·
Registered
19 Posts
Right, silly me. :)Here's a couple of pics showing the current setup (which doesn't work, duh) while you can also see the pinout on the wifi adapter.
So the problem is that I have no idea if I have the wiring right (in the pics), though if I do, it's pretty much borked then.Although I haven't touched the solder joints on the wifi chip itself, I might try resoldering those.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So, the chipset is a Ralink RT3070L and of course there's no datasheet for it so finding the correct pins is a pain in the ass. I tried the "red white green black" as is and in reverse (on the mobo, I haven't touched the leads on the wireless adapter) with no luck. The adapter powers on and the power LED starts blinking, but no AP's found.As far as I can tell, the correct pinout on the mobo is: +5V, Data-, Data+, GND. Though I'm not 100% certain on that, which makes this a bitch to troubleshoot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still no luck getting the wifi to work. I've been looking at cheap USB wifi dongles, but unable to find any info on what's supported and what's not.Anyone?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Data sheet for the Wireless is in the documentation section. Megaupload link. If it's not there let me know.I'll check the camera later to see the pinout of the wireless. I took pictures before closing it up after switching the antenna direction

·
Registered
18 Posts
Orichimaru;25482 said:
Data sheet for the Wireless is in the documentation section. Megaupload link. If it's not there let me know.I'll check the camera later to see the pinout of the wireless. I took pictures before closing it up after switching the antenna direction

·
Registered
137 Posts
this is a pain in ass as i have one sitting on my table for a long time now i tried another RT3070L with right pin config but don't seem to work it powers up then powers down pins config could not be wrong as mouse works fine in win ce once wifi is enabled.Wifi card that come with the pad has some thing different then just the chip let me know if you figured it out

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the pinout Orichimaru!As I suspected, even the right pinout doesn't seem to work. Sort of getting the same thing as alighouston, as in when I turn the wifi on it starts scanning but then says something like "Cannot enable wifi", even though this is the same exact stock wifi adapter that came with the m001. Weird.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks like your going to need to replace the wifi drivers on the android. Seems that the Android Tablet does not support that card. You might want to looks for "driver.so" for android for that card and make a new distro to upload that driver to the device.The original one is the Azurewave

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's the thing, it's the stock wifi adapter that came with my Eken and it has worked just fine until I desoldered it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What's the default pinout on the board though? Couldn't find detailed images/information on that before. :-/

·
Registered
314 Posts
I've seen the pictiures in here and some were taken from the top and some from the bottom and others will show white, green, black soldered to tablet but not to card, so I'm a bit confused.This first image is what i believe to be the pinout of the wifi card
I've soldered a USB cable to the wifi card using the pinout in image 1 and it worked on my PC but I can't get it to work on the tabletThis is what I'd like to call "Connect the solder points" In this game please connect the solder points from the tablet to the solder points on the wifi card. ;)
I've found a RT3070 card on Ebay for under $10 that has an external antenna and I just cant seem to get the LED to light up or connect.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Can anyone who has opened their M001 up please comment on the image above? Is it:pin1 to pin1?pin2 to pin2?pin3 to pin3?pin4 to pin4?orpin1 to pin2?pin2 to pin3?pin3 to pin4?pin4 to pin1?orpin1 to pin4?pin2 to pin3?pin3 to pin2?pin4 to pin1?or any other combo?

·
Registered
52 Posts
On the picture above (post #14):
Code:
M001         WiFi    |       ┌---VCC | 1   4 |GNDD-  | 2   3 |D+D+  | 3   2 |D-GND | 4   1 |VCC    |       └-------┘connect 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4
The WiFi pcb was designed with the intention to solder a USB type A plug right onto the board, you can not mix the pins on that side up.Beware: the the people who assembled the unit care little about what color which pin gets. According to the USB specification it should be:
Code:
1: VCC - red2: D-  - white3: D+  - green4: GND - black

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thanks Neganur for the picture, this is the first time I've seen both Wifi card AND tablet wiring together.I've looked at many pictures of peoples WiFi cards and many pictures of peoples tablets and it's true, the assemblers seemed to not care about using proper colors, which means every time someone says it's RED-BLACK-WHITE-GREEN it may or may not apply.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts