Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an M001, I got it much more than its original price from ebay, because I got it locally, wanted to test it and check it before I got it since I saw so many horror stories....well here is my problem... even when I got it out of the box, and tested it ant the store it was working fine, went home and after a couple reboots and turning on off the wifi, got it to connect to my home network, turned it off and it never got the wifi connection again.I finally managed to get the firmware upgrade to 1.7.4 (from some other site cause slatedroid was down) and still nothing..... with my netbook I have "excellent" signal strenght ant the M001 doesnt pick up anything... my WiFi is a WEP enabled lan with 128 bit encription, and I use a bridged AP as a repeater to get better streght... any thoughts? troubleshooting???

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes I am broadcasting the SSID but aparently what is going on is that the eken (or android) "doesnt like" extended WiFi Networks... or times out the trials or gets "confused" on the validating process... I have been tracing the dhcp activity (on the router) while trying to connect, and it actually "connects" and gets an IP, but at the end it gets disconnected... will try to do some more research and testing and post what comes up... So far I have tried a different wlan I have and it works (with very pour signal) ... so I want to do some further testing on my "extended" wifi and see whats going on...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok finally i have concluded that big part of the problem is signal reception on the eken is very pour, and "doesnt like" extended wifis ... when I retry x times it connects but now i have a new extra problem... under certain circunstances (into market place or google) if wifi becomes weak it reboots .... I am using Ecotox firmware and posted a message there as well any help would be very welcome cause my tablet with no wifi its useless and its pissing me off already...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Based on what you said about the DHCP connecting, getting an IP and then disconnecting. This indicates that the Ekeen is talking to the router, the disconnection is caused by the security (WEP or whatever). This usually occurs if your password/passphase is incorrect or you are not using the same secruity protocols on both machines. You can easily test this by turning off the security (WEP) on the router then try to get the M001 to connect without secruity. If they do connect then the problem is in the security settings.DO NOT forget to turn on your secure setting after testing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks eeekeen that was one of my first thoughts but discarded it because I rechecked the whole config in the routers and passwords, it looks more like its an issue with the eken having a very poor reception ... last night I did a "walkthough"my wifi are with a scanner and aparently I am getting only -50 db still "excellent" for a netbook but aparantly to few for the eken. I have relocated to get -40db so I will check out in a bit.... has anyone "checked" the minum db to get a decent connection on the m001??? other thing that comes to my mind is that the fact that the closest router is a repeater, the extra delay time is making the eken drop out the connection due to time out... hopefully I can do further testing and post back to share my findings...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok I reconfigured the repeater.... and everything worked fine... I thought with this "network" rebuild everything was stable, because I managed to connect, work reboot and reconnect for an hour and everything seemed fine.... But after a couple hours I tried to reconnect and had the same problem "connection unsuccesfull", I removed the repeater and I got connected to my wifi network even with the pour signal.....at this point my conclusion is that aparently aparently the eken does not like repeaters or it gets confused on which AP its trying to get connected and finally sends out an error, tough luck for me !!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello, my friend EKEN M001 have a WIFI problem with I guess the WIFI adapter issued, I have tried used ECOTOX firmware to test if it were the software issued. The main reasonI suspect it was the WIFI adapter because in the Advanced Wifi setting the MAC address show Unavailable.Do you all have any suggestion to this problem...?Thank You and sorry for my bad english.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if you have weak signal or a repeater (as it happened to me) it might have problems connecting... try going closer to the wifi router or AP.. if you have a repeater or more than one router with the same SSID leave only one connected ....you can use metageek inssider to scan wifi connections and the strenght and troubleshoot your wifi with it....good luck !!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.