Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. Recieved my tablet today. It was all working fine until I noticed that the WiFi will disconnect within 1-2 minutes of being turned on.I've tried the original firmware, the original firmware update, and ecotox custom firmware. All of them have the same problem.I have a plain old WEP-enabled network running on a Linksys router. Never had any problems connecting anything else to the network, so my conclusion is that it must be something with the device.Anyone else have this problem? Anyone knows of a fix? Without working WiFi, the device I paid $100 for is nothing but a glorified Solitaire-station.(PS.: My hardware knowledge is next to none, so I won't be able to solder/desolder/open the device at all).Any help is HUGELY appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
looking for a program called wifi lock. check back with me , setting up the download section now.Now hopefully this will resolve your issue

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi to everyone. unboxed my apad irobot today. seems to work well but when connecting to wifi it said disconnected. when i tapped the connect button ,it said connecting but disconnected appear.so no connection at all. :-[pls anyone help.

·
Registered
832 Posts
[quote name='ewazeer;5935]hi to everyone. unboxed my apad irobot today. seems to work well but when connecting to wifi it said disconnected. when i tapped the connect button ' date='it said connecting but disconnected appear.so no connection at all. :-[pls anyone help.[/QUOTE']I have this EXACT issue with my M001. I have a Belkin N1 Vision router and I have tried connecting sitting right next to it. I also tried changing wireless channels, setting no encryption, and pretty much every other setting. I'm pretty certain it's not a router issue.I vaguely recall someone having to pop open their M001 and re-soldering the antenna connections, but can't find the post. I want to know if his problem was the same one.

·
Registered
100 Posts
poursoul;8439 said:
I have this EXACT issue with my M001. I have a Belkin N1 Vision router and (...)
Belkin is crap all the way. I almost guarantee that the problem is related to Belkin. Stay away from anything with Belkin on it. Even DLink or NetGear is a better option.

·
Registered
832 Posts
skywise;8489 said:
Belkin is crap all the way. I almost guarantee that the problem is related to Belkin. Stay away from anything with Belkin on it. Even DLink or NetGear is a better option.
Just wanted to give an update.I walked about 30 feet to my neighbors place and was able to connect on his unsecured wireless connection just fine. So i put a wireless usb adapter in on of my systems and ran http://www.connectify.me/ and it connected just fine.I knew that belkin sucked, I got the router for it's aesthetics. I just didn't realize that the way that it stacks the tcp/ip protocol could be such a problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts